Something Simple

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

IMA

Re: Something Simple

Post by IMA »

This morning, I woke up from a dream about people who had hurt me, coming forward to show they still care about me.
IMA

Post by IMA »

Thank you WS,

For believing in me about not giving up, in order to find little comforts in life
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

IMA,
That's an interesting dream. Maybe the people were parts of your self that are starting to love who you are despite your pain.
Or maybe you are remembering the love other people showed you during your childhood.

Sorry, I like to interpret dreams even though I have no credibility or background in doing so. :)
I dream a lot, too. They're fascinating things that our brains give us.

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

Today I feel like I am nothing, I just give up on future relationships with people.....it hurts too much to connect with people and fear of them judging me.

This last day has been tragic, cried for two while hours straight...meditation can only do so much.

Will see my therapist on Tuesday.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

I can relate to how you're feeling.
Crying is not an easy thing to do, but I've learned that it is a release of a lot of toxins and emotions in our body.
It's exhausting, though.
And I don't always "feel better" after I cry.

Here with you as you keep pushing through.
Glad you have a t appt in a few days.

ws
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

Today I feel like a loser and a let down because of all the mistakes I made a few months ago.

I'm glad that I don't follow " Don't trust anything, with anyone at anytime...not even yourself," anymore. Being alone thinking that made sad to point where I felt suicidal. I want to live....even if I cry almost everyday along the way.
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as merely mentioned triggering topic
IMA

Post by IMA »

Right in this moment, I love how I made a promise to myself that, don't have to be around adults from the past who brought me down.

It disturbs me that the people in culture I was born into, like to still shame others and excepted remain as friends or families. I'm glad I never told what happened to me as a child or even now with my past rapes, in adulthood. Because all I know from past experiences, they will degrade you to other people in community.
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
IMA

Post by IMA »

Just moments ago someone told me that I was strong for crying... I didn't it would of meant so much as it did and I thank you for that R.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

IMA,
I agree; it takes strength to feel. Feel sadness. Feel joy. Feel fear. Crying is a hard thing to do. Glad you are allowing yourself to cry and accept the affirmation that you are strong.

ws
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

Today I am creating my safe place.... it have an essential oil diffuser, lock on the door, a big bed...all I need now are black out curtains and comfortable sheets and pillows