Sharing my abuse

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Chessgirl

Re: Sharing my abuse

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you plants and tigers,

Sounds like you really understand. Like you said when the signs were everywhere.... it is just so hurtful when they refuse to see it. Thank you for making me feel justified in my anger and you are right that certain people just may not be able to be in my life. I appreciate your input so much and I’m so sorry you have experienced this minimizing of your abuse. I know how agonizing that is. I’m learning now to accept that not everyone can be “my people” and maybe I don’t need everyone to be.
Chessgirl
plantsandtigers

Re: Sharing my abuse

Post by plantsandtigers »

Hi Chessgirl,

I'm so sorry how much pain this is causing you, I think when people refuse to see what is right in front of them it can make us feel crazy, when in fact we are far from it, only the situation is crazy. Why people choose denial over the truth I will never know.
I’m learning now to accept that not everyone can be “my people” and maybe I don’t need everyone to be.
I think not everyone deserves the privilege of being your people, and I'm sure you will find your way to be around those who really get you and leave the others to their lives. I've spent far too long trying to convince my family that I deserve respect and love and about the truth of my experience, and although cutting some of them off was very hard I feel freer now than I ever have - more me than I've ever been.

With you in the pain, as its very familiar to me, and hoping you can find healing within.

plantsandtigers