On the Chessboard 2021

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Chessgirl

On the Chessboard 2021

Post by Chessgirl »

Hey friends,
This is my go-to thread for 2021. I was going to create one after my doctors appointment mid March, but I decided why wait? I will still post in other forums If i feel the topic belongs somewhere else, but it will be nice to have a home base to retreat to for the everyday stuff. Leaving for my trip today. Heading to the airport soon. I will probably be checking in here everyday to see how every one is doing. Hope you all have a beautiful, peaceful weekend. You are all in my thoughts. Talk to you soon. ❤️
Chessgirl
Crow

Re: On the Chessboard 2021

Post by Crow »

Hi Chessgirl,

Have a wonderful trip away! And do take some time out to fully relax from the site too ;) but we aren't going anywhere either :)
Take care,

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you Crow! Enjoy the weekend with your family!
Chessgirl
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Chessgirl,

Wishing you a safe trip, a wonderful, peaceful, relaxed time. Beautiful landscapes and tons of delicious food and a great appetite🤞🦚🤗🌻

Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you! I might be most excited about the food haha! Have a great weekend yourself!
Chessgirl
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Have a great time. Make sure your translator works. Those New Yorkers talk funny. :lol:

Eagle
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hey Chessgirl,

Nice to see you have your own space. Look forward to reading from you.

Harmony
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you Harmony! The trip to the New England area of my country has been breathtaking. The actual traveling was a little tough on me. I did have a panic attack when I got to the airport. As I was checking in, I realized I left my anxiety medication at home and I started hyperventilating. My partners mom drove to the airport to drop them off. Almost missed our flight but I felt like the mediation was important. All the noise and the stress, plus there wasn’t an opportunity to eat a proper dinner till very late. I got a migraine. It was rough.

Today, however, has been magical. So much exploring and sightseeing. Ate at quaint little diner. I’ve been in heaven. It’s cold but with all the walking, it doesn’t bother me. It’s very different from the hot, sticky climate I’m used to. Apparently my daughter is doing great with her grandparents. Doesn’t seem to miss us one bit haha. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I feel very happy at this moment in time. Glad I made it through the traveling and decided to come here with my partner. We slept in till 9, which we haven’t been able to do since before my daughter was born. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and thank you for checking in Harmony and everyone else! Y’all are all so kind!
Chessgirl
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hey Chessgirl,

Sounds like a rest will do you so much good! I remember those days of no lay-ins... enjoy this treat :lol:
Take care,

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Lol yeah our daughter keeps us on our toes at this age. Thanks crow!
Chessgirl