On the Chessboard 2021

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Crow

Re: On the Chessboard 2021

Post by Crow »

And I wasn't trying to minimise how you are feeling at all. Pregnancy is tough. And as I guy I can only say that from a husband's perspective being at my wife's side through it.
It's going to be amazing for you all. I remember life when it was just us and our daughter. I couldn't imagine what life would be like with another baby. We had just spent nearly three years getting used to being responsible for a little life, and we had got used to our little threesome. And then that day came... our son arrived and what an adorable relationship our daughter had with her brother. And as he got older it was reciprocated. Even now she looks after him. They look after each other. They are amazing together... most of the time! :P

You will have such an amazing journey.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Aw that’s so inspiring crow! Yes that has helped get me through. Trying to think of the joy of bringing another baby into the world. Holding that fresh little newborn in my arms for the first time. Watching our daughter grow up with a sibling to play with and love. I watch vlogs on YouTube all day of live, raw births. Some of the vlogs are even from over in the UK. They are fascinating and so sweet. That moment when the baby comes out and let’s out the first little cry, the parents start tearing up... it gets me every time and I begin to weep. I know it is such a joy and a blessing to have a child. I keep reminding myself what a precious gift this really is.
Chessgirl
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Oh man. I was so ill for all my pregnancies. Took Zofran. It was such a nightmare. And I'm not one of those glowing happy pregnant ladies. Nope. It was worth it yes. But so miserable while it lasted. Soon you will feel baby move. And they you will hold baby and you will wonder how life ever seemed complete before. You won't be able to imagine a life without this little one.

Here with you. Holding your hair if you need. ;)
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you coconuts. You always have the right words. I remember you mentioning you were Very sick with yours, so I do think of you often. You made it through and I know I can too. I appreciate you holding my hair! That helps me know others do care!
Chessgirl
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi Chessgirl,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling so unwell. Pregnancy can be very difficult. And while "morning" sickness is a common symptom, if you're getting sick all the time it could be hyperemesis, which can be very dangerous. You might want to talk to your doctor. There are medicines that can help.

With care,
Serenity
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Hey serenity,

Yes I believe I do have hyperemesis. I had it with my last pregnancy and this feels a lot like that. I have to get in with a doctor. I’m going on my fiancé’s insurance when we get married in a couple months but until then I do not have insurance. I was hoping I could hold off until then, but I may need to see a doctor before then. Thank you for your concern and pointing out that this could be dangerous potentially. I appreciate your words.
Chessgirl
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi Chessgirl,

I just wanted to say that I guess in my eagerness to try to protect you by sharing my experience...
Crow wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:28 pm I can say from experience, that with existing mental health struggles and childhood trauma too, if you were to go down that route you would be changed forever.
... I wrongly made an assumption by trying to tell you how you'd feel. (I saw your post on another thread earlier and now realise that you've been there before.)
I think because you said you couldn't go through with one, I felt it helpful to share my wife's and my experience just in case. I'd hate not to and for someone else to suffer like us.

Crow
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

It was helpful crow! Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes I have gone through with that myself twice before, so I do know a little about it.. but that doesn’t mean it’s not still helpful to hear about others experiences too. I needed the reminder still that that wouldn’t necessarily be a simple and miraculous fix.
Chessgirl
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

After violently throwing up all night and throwing up blood this morning, my fiancé decided to take the day off and take me to the ER. I am
On zophran with an IV. Hopefully things will look up from here. I have hyperemesis. It’s been such a nightmare. No one is around to watch our toddler and I’ve felt so alone in this. My fiancé works nonstop and it was a big deal to get him to take today off. I’m just hoping it will get better. Maybe zophran will make it better from here on.
Chessgirl
Crow

Post by Crow »

Thinking of you Chessgirl. You're in the best place and in good hands I'm sure.