How different life could have been...

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Crow

Re: How different life could have been...

Post by Crow »

Hey Eagle,

Thanks for reading along and the reassurance.
I'm still picturing you playing golf whilst Ospreys go to lunch on the lake in the background... it's a tranquil scene.
Don't suppose you get any stray alligators wandering onto the course from time to time?

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

They are out there, but usually stay away from the fairways and greens. If one starts getting frisky and becomes a problem, animal control will catch it and relocate it well away from the populated areas. You can see them sometimes sunning on the banks of the lakes. Also if one gets over 10 feet long, it will be relocated. There is also a pack of coyotes that live in the large natural area in the middle of the golf course. You can hear them in the morning all howling. Lots of deer also frequent the fairways and are fairly tame. I think they know no one is going to shoot at them. Only problem for the area are feral hogs. They are everywhere in the states now. They can tear up a fairway in one night. Animal control will take them out with traps. They are big spiral steel traps with food in the middle. The hogs have to squeeze in to get to the food, but can’t squeeze back through the entrance. Pretty humane. Some of those hogs can get up to 400 kilos. Males with tusks can be dangerous.

Eagle
Crow

Post by Crow »

I often think it would be good to live in a place where there are 'decent' wild animals out there. On this little island in comparison to your country we don't have such exotic wildlife as you know. I think of our birds here and they aren't exactly colourful compared to other parts of the world. Sure we have some colourful ones like the Kingfisher, Green Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Goldfinches and Pheasants, but the US has some lovely birds. As for predators, well that's a whole different story! But we do have some fantastic wildlife here - most are nocturnal, and the best of the wildlife seems to be further up north and in Scotland. Can't complain I suppose... there's nothing here that would pose any real threat to human life in an ordinary situation. Reintroduction plans of Lynx and Wolves in the UK is a hot and controversial topic... I'd be up for that.
Anyway, I've taken that a little off topic!

Crow
there

Re: How different life ' could have been...

Post by there »

Hi,
It’s getting late here so I’ll just say I join everyone here in supporting your ‘good enough’ dreams to come true.
Also, good luck on your 1st CBT appointment. Hope it goes well for you!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Thank you there :)

Crow
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

I meant to say thank you for your lovely reply, too! Liking all the talk about wild animals and whatnot instead though. :D