Kokoschka says...

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Kokoschka

Re: Kokoschka says...

Post by Kokoschka »

Hey Chessgirl,
I'm a total farmers markets' freak. Provence is famous for them. That colorful, beautiful bounty! That variety, the beautiful fruits and vegetables, hahhh, the terrific handmade baskets, there's nothing like it. Like balm to the soul and eyes.

If you feel like it look up Uzes in the internet, that is one beautiful market l have in mind!!

Have a peaceful weekend, Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Iโ€™m going to be looking into Provence and Uzes, thanks! I needed something new to look into. I like to plan trips even if they are totally unreasonable or out of reach. I always have to hve something like that to day dream about ๐Ÿ˜
Chessgirlโ™Ÿ
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Look up SUNFLOWERS AND SHUTTERS - it gives you an idea of what l'm talking about.
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

I love traveling the world with Google Earth๐Ÿ˜ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒป
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Thanks Kokoschka. Google is amazing to travel the world with. My son had an app too that would connect you with random people around the world. So you put in what country you wanted to connect to and could text with someone from there. Some ljke message in a bottle app or something. Im sure it could be used by predators but it seemed mostly about curiosity about the world. It was cool.
Yes glad my home is not a lab. Its really a joy most of the time.
Coconuts
Be the Light ๐ŸŒŸ in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

Kokoshka,
I really like Herbes de Provence spice! Rescued the canned spaghetti sauce yesterday, ha!

You are drawing me there with your lovely description of Provence.

Maybe I can go with Chessgirl!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Ok there, just tell me when! Lol I honestly have fantasies about all of us here meeting up in Europe for some big reunion :lol:
Chessgirlโ™Ÿ
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

We stayed close by so we visited this specific market more often. There was a little colony of British and US expats and we would see them in the coffee shops/restaurants in the morning, after they had done their shopping, sitting all together, their baskets full of the gorgeous produce to their feet, enjoying that terrific food. I remember l almost hated them, l was so envious๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

I wish we could all arrange to meet there, Chessgirl, There, Coconuts, the one first there should save a table for us all๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear friends,

There is always a table open for you at the Isurvive Cafe. Make yourselves at home there: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=55
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Chessgirl and Coconuts,
I followed your latest posts and l, once again, realize how painful it is for me (it's a never ending story and as bad as the abuse itself) when l read about other people having friends they can count on. Two or three good friends you can rely on, who accept you the way you are sounds terrific to me. The more it hurts when i look around and there's nobody. The emotional abuse has damaged so much in me. I can't interact normally with people, l don't validate myself, people would sense my low self esteem and either took advantage or ignored me altogether. So l keep my distance.

Coconuts, you were lonely for a few years, bad enough, but you pulled yourself together because you do have the stuff in you and you have made friends, and good ones, again. I'm damaged goods in that respect.

And Chessgirl, the same goes for you. You'll find the right friends, just give it time. But being able, having the guts to stand in front of a class and teach, making yourself heard and respected is one huge key element l absolutely don't have. My mother took good care of that, she did one hell of a job on me, breaking me till there was nothing left.