Severe anxiety

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Chessgirl

Re: Severe anxiety

Post by Chessgirl »

Crow, thanks for the reminder that my sobriety is an achievement. I forget that sometimes. For me, anxiety is the worst. I don’t think my depression would be as bad without the anxiety. I’m sorry you deal with these issues too but it’s comforting to know I’m not alone.

Coconuts, thank you for reminding me I don’t have to let others hurt me. I struggle with guilt from cutting my parents out of my life but I have to tell myself I’m allowed to protect myself. That is perfectly ok. I like the writing strategies down for next time idea (regarding the anxiety attacks)!

Kokoschka, thanks for the congrats! I forget what an achievement the sobriety is! I hate that you deal with tinnitus. I don’t know much about that but sounds miserable. I can only imagine how much that would add to my anxiety. That’s an interesting trauma strategy haha about your ex boyfriend. Sounds like something I would do. :)
Chessgirl
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

You are very welcome, Chessgirl!!👏👏👏 l know enough about the subject to appreciate the amount of courage and strength it takes to get where you are now. Again, you should be really proud of yourself! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Best wishes, Kokoschka
Last edited by Harmony on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering language nor content.
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Hey Chessgirl, you got this. :D I'm sorry to hear old family are contacting you in this manner - it can be difficult, but I think you know what you wish to do. I think it's okay to say "Thank you, but no", which can be done with kindness too so that you're left feeling okay with it. Your boundaries and sense of safety are precious and paramount!

You have many achievements to celebrate, too! Wishing you support and care. :)
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thanks Kokoschka and dancingfish! Yes I decided to give my brother my partner’s mother’s address (with her approval first) so they won’t know directly where we live. Hope it all goes smoothly! Thanks for listening friends. :)
Chessgirl
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Chessgirl, you're welcome! Hope all goes well with this renewed contact... if you need us to lend an ear, we're here. Best, Kokoschka
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you Kokoschka! I can’t tell y’all how important you all are for me. It really helps having the support and listening ear.
Chessgirl
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Chessgirl, You are most welcome😊
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due not triggering content nor language