Talking about emotional abuse/neglect alone

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Kokoschka

Re: Talking about emotional abuse/neglect alone

Post by Kokoschka »

Squiggy,
I just read your first post... horrifying!! Hope l'm not being offensive if l think that your mother must have had severe mental issues that only worsened with the years... was she ever diagnosed, later on? As for me, like all of us here l too have my story and if that weren't enough, each time l tried in the past or now here, l find it impossible to write down.
I become so overwhelmed l can't put my thoughts down. I also have no memories of my early childhood, no kindergarten, school, nothing. Only being yelled at, cursed and beaten by my mother who wished me dead every second day. No hugs, kisses, tender words, comforting words, nothing! She knew how to hurt me and make me feel worthless, she'd give me the invisibility treatment for a couple of days pretending l was less than air to her. Or she'd lock me away in the dark bathroom for hours. Maybe it wasn't locked but l was so terrified of her that l didn't even dare try the door. My father loved me, was kind and supporting but no match for my mother.
I'll try to write more if you care to read🙄, we'll see. Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
Squiggy

Re: Talking about emotional abuse/neglect alone

Post by Squiggy »

Kokoschka wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:30 am Squiggy,
I just read your first post... horrifying!! Hope l'm not being offensive if l think that your mother must have had severe mental issues that only worsened with the years... was she ever diagnosed, later on? As for me, like all of us here l too have my story and if that weren't enough, each time l tried in the past or now here, l find it impossible to write down.
No, you're not being offensive at all, just accurate. She was diagnosed later, although nothing good came of it, as you'll read when you get to Part 8.
I become so overwhelmed l can't put my thoughts down. I also have no memories of my early childhood, no kindergarten, school, nothing. Only being yelled at, cursed and beaten by my mother who wished me dead every second day. No hugs, kisses, tender words, comforting words, nothing! She knew how to hurt me and make me feel worthless, she'd give me the invisibility treatment for a couple of days pretending l was less than air to her. Or she'd lock me away in the dark bathroom for hours. Maybe it wasn't locked but l was so terrified of her that l didn't even dare try the door. My father loved me, was kind and supporting but no match for my mother.
I'll try to write more if you care to read🙄, we'll see. Kokoschka
Yikes, that sounds awful. Did she have any known mental illnesses? I'll be happy to read your details if you feel up to writing them, but if it's too much for you at this time, that's ok. No pressure.