I never learned autonomous self control, but..,

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

coconuts

Re: I never learned autonomous self control, but..,

Post by coconuts »

Haha your coffee discussion reminded me of a training conference I went to with a couple hundred other people. It was first thing in the morning and the speaker was talking about how he had chosen to give up coffee. I swear everyone in the room instinctually leaned forward, grabbed their coffees and held it between their hands taking a collective sip. Like "nope your not taking my coffee away. "

I keep trying to give up soda. I do good for a while and then not so good. Currently in a not so good swing. Did a DNA analysis and it said I was sensitive to caffeine. Which really makes sense. I really ought to give it up again.

I actually and a weird person and hate coffee. The smell, the taste...blech. but I hold nothing against others who drink it.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Pretty funny!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

I drink a lot of unsweetened but flavored selzer water, too, EasyStreet. Seems a better option than most and it's what I keep at home. But some days I lonnnng for a real Coca Cola. I still indulge sometimes.

coconuts, I hated coffee most of my life till I lived someplace super cold for awhile. Finally got a taste for it and replaced years of morning tea, much to my surprise.

Hope today flows along well for you!
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

*Jonesy googles 'seltzer water'... you Americans will insist on different names for stuff ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi Jonesy,

We even have regional names for drinks and sandwiches! Do you want a hoagie, a grinder, or a sub? Soda, or pop, or just generic coke?

:D
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

I shudder to think what a hoagie is :o
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Actual LOL!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

coconuts

Post by coconuts »

:lol:

Yes regional names for the same thing.

My cousins all grew up saying pop, I grew up saying coke. It wasn't until I was almost an adult that I realized a coke was actually a specific type of soda and not just a generic term. Some just say soda pop to make it all wordy. I say soda.
I also say sub.

I do like tea. Hmmm. Probably should go back to replacing my soda with tea. 🤔. When I've drank what I have on stock of course ;)
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

coconuts, I grew up saying Coke for all soft drinks, too. It still feels like the right generic name for that category.

It's curious that sub sandwiches have so many names in the US. Po'boy and hero, too.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Yes we buy seltzer water by the flat now!
Or Jonesy can call it sparkling water, or fizzy water, or bubble water or our grandkids favorite term it: jumping water. The grandkids are nuts about it. They think it is soda pop. lol It has totally replaced sugar drinks for me. I am glad to be done with coca cola although I do miss it sometimes.

I am glad I never enjoyed the taste of beer. I am all about the sugar. Funny the way our bodies chemistry differ. Some are all about the salt and crisp flavor. Not me. Sugar is my one undying taste. There must be some genetic thing. Like some people taste coriander/cilantro as mud and others love it. I can't tolerate super bitter foods.

We are all individuals who share certain things right? That is why abuse looks so different on all of us.