The courage to share

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

August

The courage to share

Post by August »

yesterday I shared some stuff with someone that I cared about (some trauma) and I just cried and cried. But then there was this strange relief, like I had just let go of something I had been carrying for years.

Have any of you felt that way?
reisha

Re: The courage to share

Post by reisha »

Welcome, August.
Sorry toknow ya have need, yet glad ya found us.

Good job on 1st post., & on sharin wfriend.
Yes, ive cried after sharin.
Yer rite, its a huge relief
Share as ya like, this is a friendly & compassionate. Community

Sendin gentle suupport
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue May 28, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
August

Post by August »

Thanks for your reply :)
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi August,

I have experienced that sense of relief, and I want to experience more of it, too!
I hope you are able to share as you feel comfortable and find it beneficial. People around here have deep understanding and compassion.

Take good care of yourself.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
Sherlocked

Post by Sherlocked »

I think the more one feels safe enough to start revealing themselves, the more it does feel like the weight is being lifted from their shoulders. I think a person doesn't realize how much baggage they're carrying until they're left with almost little or no baggage. That feeling of relief is priceless.
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Yes, I felt a weight lift a bit when I was able to share what happened with someone. That is what enabled me to seek professional help. I'm glad you were able to share and felt acceptance.
Progress

Post by Progress »

I really like this thread. :-)
I agree, it takes a lot of courage to share, and you have to go at your own pace, but it is such a relief to unburden yourself to people who believe you and understand.

Progress
Scars

Post by Scars »

dear August,
i agree with Sherlocked
I think the more one feels safe enough to start revealing themselves, the more it does feel like the weight is being lifted from their shoulders. I think a person doesn't realize how much baggage they're carrying until they're left with almost little or no baggage. That feeling of relief is priceless.
i shared my IFS sketch book with a friend of 22 years this week for the first time. it was a HUGE RELIEF
we had shared our sa with each other early on in our friendship, but i am just now able to share my parts with her.
isurvive helped me find a safe way to share. by sharing with strangers who understand first.
this community is awesome!

scars
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.