Time with Tillie

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

aprilrain

Time with Tillie

Post by aprilrain »

I started recollecting, accepting, and dealing with my abuse in 2008. In all that time since then...I have never tried too hard to connect with my innerchild. Though in the last few months...I have had the opportunity to reacquaint myself with her. I let her sit and color and draw at her little table. I see her quite well these days...in her little safe playroom.
Sometimes she gets mad at me because I just don't or am not able to give her the attention she needs and deserves.
But I do talk with her on a daily basis. I tell her how she can share anything with me. I tell her how I won't get mad. I tell her how she is safe now.
She is finally coming around to trusting me and with it...of course she shares things with me...and its really hard sometimes...

But I like knowing that she is feeling more safe now...and I can see her smiling and it makes me really happy to see her happy.

I'm 32 years old and only now am I able to be a good friend to Tillie but I am grateful still.
I pray you find the rainbow...for that signals the end of a storm, even if only temporarily.

*****AprilRain*****
sensitive warrior

Re: Time with Tillie

Post by sensitive warrior »

aprilrain, I too had a hard time connecting with my inner child, I'm happy for you that it feels safe to start doing that and it is going well. I used to feeled ashamed about my innerchild but I have learned she needs to be acknowledged. I wanted to validate your work in this and your progress, I think it is a step in healing.
SW
good2b

Re: Time with Tillie

Post by good2b »

I am so glad to see that you can finally give your little one the care and nurturing she deserves.