Accessing little me without the fear.

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Closeyclo

Accessing little me without the fear.

Post by Closeyclo »

Recently I have been having a lot of issues around being able to access the kid part of me, which is in control a lot of the time, without feeling intense amounts of fear Because of the fear I spend a long time trying to suppress little me instead of loving her. Recently a friend suggested to me to set aside 10 minutes, and talk about a made up world that little me would have liked and would have felt safe in. And I did, I sat with her while she was hugging me, and spoke for 10 minutes about an imaginary world with unicorns and fairies, and a rainbow sea that I sail on in a little red wooden boat. And in starting to create this world, I have created a safer place for little me to come out a little bit and in a way that is not so traumatic and painful for me to feel. I just think it was a great idea on my friends part, and I am looking forward to creating and discovering my new world.
A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.
Booklover

Re: Accessing little me without the fear.

Post by Booklover »

Hi Closeyclo your world sounds like a lovely place for you little one to explore enjoy
Booklover

I will become a survivor not a victim

Gentle (((((hugs))))) 🤗if ok
johnram

Re: Accessing little me without the fear.

Post by johnram »

this sounds like a fantastic idea

I am currently going through EMDR and i have my little ones talk to me during it, and think they want to play more

will try this / similar also