Things your inner child currently likes

This is a place to discuss grounding techniques and self-care strategies.

Moderator: Jonesy

Flifflo

Re: Things your inner child currently likes

Post by Flifflo »

My inner child absolutely loves looking for critters in nature. Especially sea creatures. Low tide is like unburied treasure for her. Tide pools are an absolute wonderland. She can sit and stare at them forever. Or over the side of a dock. Have you ever noticed how many amazing creatures attach to and live on the side of a dock? Or in a huge clump of seaweed? I could go on........

She also loves, swings (the old kind with the black rubber seat that go REALLY HIGH) and merry-go-rounds and water-slides. Also trampolines and floating down rivers.

And she really loves tadpoles, frogs and toads. Huge toads are amazing. And so are the really big bullfrog tadpoles. And tiny tree frogs. Her favorite frog is the red eyed tree frog found in Central and South America. It’s colors are amazing.

She also loves praying mantises. Like really.

And her favorite mammal is probably the elephant. Best mothers on the planet with the most empathy for other living creatures.

She’s a nature girl :D This was really fun! Thanks for the thread!
Flifflo
friend

Post by friend »

I've got DID and dozens of inside children, so these are just some of the current favorites:
Legos! Especially rainbow colored legos- made a tree this week
Soft blocks- a foam-like block set (rainbow!)- make tall towers and then punch/kick/demolish them
Clay- throw pots on a wheel- lots of inside children love the feel of the clay and the creative energy
Stuffed animals- have a set of small Ty owls
Sitting in a lounge chair under a maple tree looking up at the sunlight shining through the leaves and glowing in countless greens
Coloring with markers in a mandala coloring book
Zendoodling
Growing vegetables (playing in the dirt) and eating them!
Reading- especially epic fantasy
Mindbender (hah!) puzzles
Getting a massage (hungry for safe touch)
Texttwist online game
Watching Women's World Cup soccer
friend
Flifflo

Post by Flifflo »

ChipmunksRunFree,
Thank you so much for opening up this topic! You helped wake up my inner child who was locked away and ignored. She deserves attention. Thanks for waking her up. And my teenager too. They needed it. Fantastic thread. :D

Warmly,
Flifflo
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Pound puppies. Oooh I want one so bad.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

adult bouncing when I walk like my inner child did
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Flifflo

Post by Flifflo »

My inner child loves Totoro
Booklover

Post by Booklover »

Today Mr Whippy ice cream yummy
Booklover

I will become a survivor not a victim

Gentle (((((hugs))))) 🤗if ok
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Mermaids
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
rybeana

Post by rybeana »

My inner child loves to find seashells, all sorts of shapes and colours, although there doesn't tend to be many colours where i am, the same white, peachy, grey, brown ones. But its just awesome. Especially when they are big enough that when you go home you can put it up to your ear and hear the sea in them! Or drawing massive large pictures in the sand, so that you can see it clearly from the top of the cliff! Writing my name, the letters larger than me.

I like the ocean, the beach, it has a calming affect and makes me feel at home. Makes me smile. And my inner child needs those happy smiles, carefree moments.
Flifflo

Post by Flifflo »

Your beach and shells sound nice rybeana. My inner child resonates with the ocean and everything related to it. I share that love of beach.

....also, right now my inner child really loves my new large soft snuggly stuffed elephant from IKEA. Sleeping with it as a pillow. :D