journey of healing

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Chiquitta

journey of healing

Post by Chiquitta » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:06 am

My journey of healing has taken a lot of time. In that time, I have healed in a number of ways. My latest venture is to heal from whom the abuse had started from; with my mom and my dad. I hope that I will be able to forgive them in order to move forward in this life. I can not forget the abuse, for it is a part of me. I can only hope that by spending time with my aging mother and father, that my healing journey is almost complete. They cry and blame themselves for what happened to me. Past is past and now the time has come for me to bury it for good. I live with my spouse and 2 children. They represent my present and future. Anyone want to share comments or opinions, great for letting me know.

Chiquitta

Xanthia

Re: journey of healing

Post by Xanthia » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Chiquitta,

I doubt any survivor can forget; as you say, past is part of who you are now.
Each survivor has their own way of handling their current attitude towards abusers.

I applaud your desire to forgive, so helping your healing.
Xanthia

Chiquitta

Re: journey of healing

Post by Chiquitta » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Thanks for your reply. As I get older, I start to get wiser and realize what is important and what is not.

Chiquitta
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT