support in healing

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Chiquitta

support in healing

Post by Chiquitta »

Hello to all of you,
It does not matter whether a victim or a survivor is at the beginning, middle or end of their recovery period, in my opinion. I feel that recovery is for life. Support and healing I used to receive once a month at a group session scenario. However, by the time one month had lapsed and another was to start, survivors were like volcanoes waiting to erupt. I decided to send my email to survivors in the group so we could heal perhaps quicker and keep in touch on a more regular basis. I feel good for attempting this task and reap the positive benefits from doing so. I hope that all of you can find another survivor to reach out and do the same. We are important and we deserve to live, be happy and enjoy!

Chiquitta
there

Re: support in healing

Post by there »

thanks for posting this! :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear Chiquita,

Excellent you reached out and sent the email to the survivors in your group. That is a great way to get support. Sometimes in trying so hard to give support we forget we need it ourselves.

That said Is there anything you could post here in the closed forums of isurvive that might gain you more support here. It is best when members post more personal bits of their struggles and issues in our non-public forums. That said if you can bring yourself to post more about those feelings of being a volcano about to erupt. There is benefit in posting your personal struggles rather than loose generic platitudes. Generalities will not get you the honest support and connection you desire. It might be good to open up a bit. There is that fine balance between a wall of impenetrability and no boundaries at all. May you find your way.

with all support,
harmony
Chiquitta

Post by Chiquitta »

Thank you for your reply.

Chiquitta
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Chiquitta,

One health community leader used to think recovery was a goal; she now considers recovery to be a life long journey.

Great that you're in a space where you feel Comfortable about sharing your personal email for connecting in between group meetings.

Good for you! :)
Xanthia