my family

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

facingmytruth

my family

Post by facingmytruth » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Looking forward to spending the whole of Christmas with MY own little family, I decided a few weeks back that in order for me to work through things I needed to stop contact with my birth family. It has been the best desicion.not easy at times but nothing is ever easy. I wish you all a good Christmas and hope 2015 is all you want it to be.

hopeful

Re: my family

Post by hopeful » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Bravo fmt

so decisive and strong.
have a good christmas with YOUR family. So deserved.

hopeful

pinecone

Post by pinecone » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Happy Christmas! Very happy for you.

Best wishes for the new year.

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi facingmytruth

Smiling for you. May you make some awesome new memories within your own nuclear unit.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:09 am

Dear fmt,

Very strong work in making your life the one you want it to be. That is indeed a very positive transition.

Enjoy the results,
Harmony

greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:06 am

facingmytruth,

Thank you so so much for sharing. This has just given me renewed strength and determination to make similar choices. My T and I talked about focusing on "MY family's" Christmas, which for me means my boyfriend and 2 dogs on Christmas morning and then boxing day brunch with a dear friend the next day. I AM unfortunately seeing my mom and entire foo also, but it won't be quite as hard now that I have it framed that way.

So much love,

Greendiva
~~Rule your mind or it will rule you~~

facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:22 pm

Thank you all.
this is the first Christmas in years were I can actually say I felt relaxed knowing they weren't going to knock my door ,not having to play happy families or pretending in front of my h or children.it has been really nice being able to be me,have fun with my daughters and like I've always wanted making it the Christmas I wanted it to be for my children.yes they tried texting but that's were the off switch comes in handy lol.I hope today isnt to stressful for you greendiva ,much love and understanding from me.thank you all for being here and making me realise that it is my life and my choice who is and isnt in it.

there

Post by there » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:09 pm

I stayed here with my dog. She and I are the immediate fam now. My brother and Dad dropped by. It was great to see them.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” Helen Keller

facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:34 am

Hope you had a good Christmas there , thank you all :)

facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:36 pm

Is my bday today he turned up with a card I told them both I didn't want them in my house , the card read daughter I said they didn't deserve to be parents and handed it back to them.I feel like a horrible person but I know I have to keep at it because I feel much better when I don't see them.its hard tho because somehow I still love my mother but she isn't worthy of that.just makes me feel such a bad person.