achievements and frustrations

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

there

achievements and frustrations

Post by there »

I went to a Harvard Medical School training last weekend. It was called 'Meditation, Concentration, and Creative Visualization. I'll get a nice certificate to hang on the wall.
I am already a certified hypnotherapist this year . I still live on SSDI, and have helped a few people with my hypnosis skills.

I'm about to complete (huffing and puffing to the finish line here) a free online course from Berklee college of music in vocal recording. Lots of technical stuff, whirlygigs and hoopahs. I have a lot of that to finish, a quiz, plus an essay by Wed. at 5pm. I started this course a week late and caught myself up, so I guess I can do this, too.

I'd like to not be so tired, lonesome, frustrated, annoyed at people for not understanding, and generally feeling little hope or cheer.

In addition to my weekly Drama class, I have lined up 2 workshops I'll be teaching to groups of parents and adults in Movement and Theater. The local arts center is sponsoring a program and I'll be putting togehter some creative and fun activities for parents and kids.

Still feel like crying, like I'll never move out of poverty, it's been literally my whole adulthood. Now, though, I don't think me living in poverty is the worst thing in the world anymore. What's worse? Boredom, ignorance, children dying of hunger in the world. Loneliness.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
hopeful

Re: achievements and frustrations

Post by hopeful »

There

your not alone there, I'll sit with you.
sorry not too many words
here caring

hopeful
there

Post by there »

Thank you, dear hopeful. Really appreciate your words.
mustard seed

Post by mustard seed »

There,

Chronic poverty has also been the theme of my life since leaving home at 16.
I'm sick and tired of it too and I'm starting to believe that it is among the worst of symptoms.

Enough money makes things easier, more convenient, less frustration, can solve some problems.
Money can help with boredom, ignorance and children dying of hunger-can't do much for lonliness though.

I so wish I could join your drama class. I've had no training on movement in theatre and it was suggested by the last adjudicator who gave me an outstanding achievement award for my festival performance. I did an Allan Bennet monolouge.

So proud of your achievements. You have amazing capacity.
If you need to cry; I'll cry with you or if you prefer to cry alone as I do, I'll send along a box of tissues.
You are not alone,
ms
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

Hi There,

Yes, I am working my way out of chronic poverty too.
It's entertwined with unnecessary poverty in childhood.
Glad you are achieving things though.

Sl
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear there,

Congratulations on your success.

with support,
Harmony
there

Post by there »

Mustard seed, silentllistener, Harmony,
Thank you all for replying. I feel so fortunate that you care.