New tattoo!

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

greendiva23

New tattoo!

Post by greendiva23 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:40 am

Next Thursday I am getting my favourite quote (the quote in my signature) tattooed on my thigh, over my self harm scars. I am so excited about it, this is something I have been thinking about for a long long time, and I think I have earned it now. Yay. I am not sure yet which leg I want to do since they both have equal scarring, any votes?? ;)

Anyway, just wanted to share:):)
~~Rule your mind or it will rule you~~

louise

Re: New tattoo!

Post by louise » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:53 am

Thats a great quote Ive not heard it before. Its always good to hear about people moving forward :D
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT

hopeful

Post by hopeful » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:41 am

Way to go greendiva23

I think your so brave getting a tattoo, love the quote by the way. I would love a tattoo on my hip but I hate needles.........and pain.

let us know how it goes and which leg you choose- don't want to choose, up to you where it would look best.

hopeful

Banana

Post by Banana » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:43 am

Hi greendiva23

I can really hear the excitement in your words, which just makes me smile. I'm doing well today. This is the second post I've read and both have really made me smile! I'm so proud of you for doing something positive for you. You deserve that. You deserve to feel happy and excited. In terms of which leg, I agree with hopeful. How could I choose?! I think it would make it even more significant for you if you chose. Maybe you could choose the leg you started on when you first began to SH, unless it was always equally split between the two. Let me know what you decide, smile.

Sending you big big hugs.
Banana

Edited to change trigger warning
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia

greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:25 am

Louise, hopeful and banana,

I am so happy you guys are as excited as I am! I think I am going to get it on my right leg. I don't really know why, just a feeling I guess:)

Love you!
Greendiva

Gracewell

Post by Gracewell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:19 am

I am sooooo excited for you! I am doing something similar.. I am buying a purity ring that i have already picked out to. I am gonna buy it when I feel I really am no longer in bondage to sexual things. So happy for you, greendiva! You definitely deserve it!

Love,
Gracewell

greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi everyone!

I got my tattoo! I am THRILLED with it! I ended up getting it on my right thigh. I'm not sure why, I just did! I feel sooo good about it. It feels like a big milestone in my recovery and I am proud of how far I have come.

I actually posted a picture of it on Instagram and basically said "no more hiding, I used to self harm" and put it out there for all my coworkers and friends to see. I'm happy with my decision, honestly it was empowering and incredibly liberating. Now if a group of friends want to go to a spa day with sauna and hot tub etc I can just GO. I don't have to worry about hiding my scars vs telling them about the scars vs not going at all. I'm most happy about that. And everyone has been so so loving and supportive, so I am happy about that. It has admittedly been hard to be this vulnerable and open, but maybe it's just uncomfortable because it's new. Anyway. It's out there now.

Today is a good day for me:)
Love all of you!

Greendiva

hopeful

Post by hopeful » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:07 am

Sharing your progress greendiva23

wow so brave and inspiring. Go and enjoy your spa day. You deserve to be pampered.

much love

hopeful

fight4me

Post by fight4me » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:25 am

Greendiva23

I have read your thread and wow wow and wow

You are a very strong person,, I look up to you well done

And great about the tattoo.. Just cool

I was thinking the other day I might do something similar when my head has worked out a few more things

I know I have not spoken to you much but I would like to say I am proud of you

Fight4me

Starfish

Post by Starfish » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:02 pm

greendiva, i like that you opened up with your friends and let yourself be vulnerable and quit hiding that you self-harmed in the past and you are taking steps to stop the behavior for your future. I think it will inspire any of your friends who are struggling with anything that is controlling them in their lives (and there is always something) to make similar choices.
Starfish