a letter to little me

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

greendiva23

a letter to little me

Post by greendiva23 »

Dear little - me,

I'm finally going to tell you some of the things you probably needed to hear when you were around. I'm so sorry no one told you these things before now. I'm even more sorry that I haven't told you any of this before, but I promise to try to more often from now on.
First of all, YOU ARE ENOUGH. You are a GOOD kid. You deserve love. It's okay and safe to feel vulnerable and to express that vulnerability. You're allowed to cry, your tears are valid and your emotions are right and justified. Take your time, you deserve that. I love you.

Signed- Me
~~Rule your mind or it will rule you~~
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: a letter to little me

Post by Jonesy »

Hi greendiva23

I have only just found your post.
I think this was an excellent letter to your 'little me' and I, for one, would have felt loved to read it.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

Jonesy wrote:Hi greendiva23

I have only just found your post.
I think this was an excellent letter to your 'little me' and I, for one, would have felt loved to read it.
Thank you so much! I must admit that I haven't been as good at telling myself these things as I intended when I wrote this, but I'm still really happy with it and it still makes me feel privately happy and soothed to read it. :):)
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear greendiva23,

I recognize myself doing similar soothing and self affirmation when I feel good. It is a sign within myself of the healing transformation going on inside. Healing is possible. The sweet little inner voice of kindness is a good sign at least with in my own self.

:)

Harmony
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

Dear little - me,

I'm truly sorry that I have been kind of awful to you lately. I have been hurting a lot and I have felt very vulnerable as I have been going through the process of discovering and healing what happened to you. I'm sorry I haven't kept my promise of being kinder and gentler to you.

You deserved love and support. You deserved to have someone comfort you. You deserved to be allowed to express sadness and disappointment, to have a safe place to do so, and to have someone help you to contain those difficult emotions.

You are a good daughter. You are smart, you are pretty, and you are creative. You are able to do it on your own, but you don't have to. You are worthwhile, and you deserve to have your needs met.

That's all I can manage for now, but I think it's a good start. I used to think that because nobody ever told you any of this, nobody ever would or even could. That's not the case, because *I* can tell you and maybe one day I can tell myself too.

I love you, little me.

Signed, Me
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

This really resonated within me.
So beautiful.
May your kid respond well to the love and truly feel supported and cared for.
FrumSurvivor
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

FrumSurvivor wrote:This really resonated within me.
So beautiful.
May your kid respond well to the love and truly feel supported and cared for.
Hi FrumSurvivor,

I am so happy this letter to my inner child resonated with you...it has been very soothing to me as well.

If you ever want to wrote something similar feel absolutely free and welcome to do so here:)
there

Post by there »

Reading this now, I can feel your words. Nice job!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
orangeblossom

Post by orangeblossom »

This is such a good idea! You have a beautiful way with words, greendiva23. My therapist told me the other day to picture adult me looking into little me's eyes and affirming her - I resonate with your letters to your "little me".
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

This thread is inspiring to me too, greendiva .

So far I have not been able to write or think to myself. I never learned the words and I have lived 61 years with shutting myself off to myself and really, being mean to myself....being the inner critic in a abusive way (I realize this now).

So, I am just getting little spurts of realization of what I am doing to myself and I figure if I read what others are saying to their little selves that I will be able to get it eventually. That is my current plan.

I notice since I have been on this site, a lot of "ahas' are coming to me.

So, keep posting your letters to little me (if you want) and thank you for starting this thread
Starfish