Finally, it happened!

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Sheep

Finally, it happened!

Post by Sheep »

After waiting 6 yrs and only having my son with me for the summer months and holiday breaks, he graduated from high school back in June and now flew down with his cat to live with me permanently! His dad and stepmom had wanted to get him admitted into a group home or an institution. He has high functioning autism and will be able to live out on his own and does not belong in that environment. His grandparents allowed him to live with them since 11th grade. Now having been down here less than a month he has already passed his written driver's test here in this state and applied for a job that will provide full benefits for him. We are so...happy to be together (and my older daughter is too)!

Slowly things will get better,

Sheep
recover

Re: Finally, it happened!

Post by recover »

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sheep))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

YAY!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! i am ecstatic for you friend! there is nothing like being with our kids. enjoy your being together.

much love,
recover
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

Thank you, recover!

I played a game of chess with my son the other week. He beat me big time!!!! I only had a pawn and my king left when he called checkmate - lol. His three older cousins are very accepting of him and love on his cat as well :)

Glad you had some special conversations with your son, recover.

Much care,

Sheep
facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth »

really happy for you both and glad you are both able to catch up on missed quality time,brilliant news :)
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear Sheep,

Love heals. This is just more proof.
Enjoy,
Harmony
ajei

Post by ajei »

So glad to hear you're back together...well deserved and good to know he's home.

ajei
there

Post by there »

Sheep, I know how much you've hoped for your son. I am happy for you, your son, and your daughter.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

there,

My daughter texted me 'hooray'!! Now that my son is with me she has opened the door for us to communicate through texts again.

Sheep :)
recover

Post by recover »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what awesome news sheep. so so so happy for you.
much love and caring,
recover
Moose9092

Post by Moose9092 »

Wow, Sheep, such good news. Realize you may not get this because your post was so long ago but wanted to try to let you know how excited I am for you. I also have a son with high-functioning autism. When he was diagnosed at two years of age we were told to start looking for an institution. We kept him home and invested 18 years in helping him become independent. He graduated from high school with a diploma, is taking college courses - just two at a time, it's all he can handle, lives on his own in an efficiency apartment, works at a local fast food restaurant, and has his drivers license (although we limit his driving to roads he is familiar with, no night driving, no interstate driving, etc.) I know what a challenge it is to raise a special needs child but also the victory we feel with each hurdle they clear. Thanks for sharing.