Getting better slowly

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Unbreakable_Heart

Getting better slowly

Post by Unbreakable_Heart »

Hello everyone. I know it's been a while since my last visit because right after that I had begun to feel depressed and suicidal. After an emotional breakdown I told myself that no one was going to hurt me and I wasn't going to let my abuse take control of my life.
Recently I had someone make the comment I seemed that I seemed happier and more confident then I had ever before in my life and the best part is I am doing better.
I got a tattoo recently that says hope but has a blue awareness ribbon (for child abuse) instead of an o. I was afraid when I was getting it that I could be putting a permanent trigger on myself but when I looked at it for the first time I just had this feeling of peace and comfort. Every time the past memories come at I glance at it and it gives me the same feeling.
Also my family has all moved out of the house. While this means my mother now lives 4 doors down for me (I have continued to have no contact with her outside of one incident I'll explain in a sec) it also means my grandmother no longer lives with her and I can begin visiting her.
I did run into my mother. We both said hi and she told me she missed me and I said "I do too sometimes but this is what is best for me." She began screaming at me that it wasn't and that I was one of the only people she cared about. I told her she needed to show she cared. She tried to do one of her guilt trips but I walked into my apartment and locked the door. We have not talked since.
I'm not all the way healed yet but I'm getting there more then ever before.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting better slowly

Post by Harmony »

Unbreakable Heart,

These are big steps in healing. Glad to hear your independence and boundaries feel good and strong. It sounds like you are living up to your name.

warmly,
Harmony
Killenger1019

Re: Getting better slowly

Post by Killenger1019 »

Unbreakable_Heart, I enjoyed reading every part of that post! Great post!