Finished Therapy

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

becomingbutterfly

Finished Therapy

Post by becomingbutterfly »

It's been a rough night for me, so I think I'll discuss some of the good things I've been doing.

I was going to therapy at university, but we ran out of things to talk about and the sessions kept ending early. My coping skills are sufficient to cover my needs now, which is fantastic. Even this weekend, I've been able to stay under control.

I joined a group for therapy too, and that will continue. That has been really wonderful for me to be able to hear others' stories, get support, learn skills, and realize where I'm at in my healing journey. Most of the girls in the group with me are only just labeling their experiences. It helps me to see just how far I've come.

Life is more fun, more normal, less of a struggle day-to-day. My symptoms are mostly okay, and I can live the life I want, with learning in classes, gaining experience through work, and having fun with friends.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
wings

Re: Finished Therapy

Post by wings »

This is wonderful, becomingbutterfly. So happy things are stabilising for you and that life is more about you, less about healing - the way it should be.

Much caring,
wings
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

becoming butterfly,

you are butterfly now.

and it is a very beautiful transition.

thanks for sharing,

Harmony
becomingbutterfly

Thank you for your kind words, wings and Harmony. Y'all are fantastic. :)
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

becomingbutterfly wrote: Life is more fun, more normal, less of a struggle day-to-day. My symptoms are mostly okay, and I can live the life I want, with learning in classes, gaining experience through work, and having fun with friends.
becomingbutterfly,

What a wonderful place to be! I had a therapist once tell me that it would be beneficial to me if I found a women's abuse survivor's group but none has been found for me as of yet. I want these things for my life too!

Thanks for sharing,

Sheep
becomingbutterfly

Thank you, Sheepie! I hope you can find the same enjoyment in life too. :)

I just got through a whole class that kept bringing up topics in a rather insensitive manner, and I didn't have to doodle or do anything to distract myself. I was able to look right at the professor like it was any other subject, and just listen. Wow.

That's something I specifically worked on in T. We tapped for each new, hard subject, as well as for shame, letting go, and any remaining triggering words, images, or situations. It worked amazingly. I feel like since I'd already been through CBT and EMDR as well as talk therapy, I was able to use this technique to let go of those last few things that had been bothering me. Really amazing.