Getting help :)

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

anneofgreengables

Getting help :)

Post by anneofgreengables »

Today I saw my GP and asked for a psych referral. I am also searching online to find a therapist specializing in trauma and abuse.

Before I joined this site, I had no plans to get help. Nothing had seemed to help when I tried the therapy, meds, etc. in the past. But I saw how many of you courageously turned for help to your Ts, your pdocs....you all made me rethink my position. I'm still nervous but I wanted to share and really thank everyone. It is truly 100% because of the members of isurvive that I am seeking this help now.
Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting help :)

Post by Harmony »

That anneofgreengables is a real positive transition.

bravo,
Harmony
FrumSurvivor

Re: Getting help :)

Post by FrumSurvivor »

That's great, good for you! I really hope it goes well. T may take some time getting used to, remember, but we're willing to listen to whatever comes up. Hope you'll have lots of positive things to share with us here.
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
FrumSurvivor