I got a job!!!!!

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

eff

Re: I got a job!!!!!

Post by eff »

(((mermaid)))

we think you will be fab.
look after yourself too.

eff
(Member since July 2010, 692 previous posts)
River

Post by River »

Mermaid,

No matter what the outcome, whether you stay with the job or not its NEVER going to be a "failure." Its progression, not perfection. You've taken the necessary steps to get to where you are and that is something to be proud of. You are already a success Mermaid.

In my opinion....whether you can hold down a job is society's way of trying to use a ruler to determine healthy or unhealthy...success or failure. Who you are as a person...what's inside is what counts. Your healing journey.....your recovery. And you've already been doing it and will continue to go for it!

I can understand that there would be fears.....so please don't think I'm minimizing that. I hope you will draw from the confidence, strength, and peace from within you that you already have. Your in new waters, but you can swim Mermaid! I believe in you! Many here do! Take really good care of yourself to with all these changes and new challenges.

River
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

I can't do this! I don't think I can do this, I am getting so triggered. I don't want to give up but I am feeling I'm in way over my head.. I can't quit, I just started, thought I was past more of this :( :( :cry: mermaid
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

mermaid,

You have all my support to just hang in there. This is difficult. You choose something challenging for your occupation. Give it time and take things slow and easy. If this job is not the correct fit than find a different one. Carry on courageous worker.

Easy does it,
Harmony
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

I can relate. I work for a survivors publication, and sometimes I get so triggered I want to scream. Man, it's a heavy world out there!! I feel for you; it's SO awful to have your job set you back like that.
I must say, however, how much I've grown from my work experiences. It's good to see that I'm not alone, and there's nothing like that feeling of helping others in situations I'm all too familiar with. I sincerely hope you'll also see the benefits of your job and get support and fulfillment from it.
Best of luck,
FrumSurvivor
River

Post by River »

Mermaid, I feel sad that you are getting triggered at work. Its ok to feel what you feel. Sending care and support as you go through this challenging transition. Here listening if you just want to vent about your job and the ways you are triggered by it. Wondering how your doing now?

River
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments, they are really appreciated.

Thanks eff for the positive, I think I just may need some time to get my bearings.

Harmony Thanks for the advice.

FrumSurvivor really appreciate the validation.

River, Thank you for all your words of encouragement. Don't work again till Sunday, but have seen my dietitian, t and life coach. Got some good ideas to handle things and reminders to ground myself. Am thinking I did so much last week, that maybe it was just too much and couldn't find myself inside by Monday, which made it easier to backslide a bit. Am anxiously looking forward to the weekend. Have 1 more day of training and then I am on my own.

((((((Hugs to all))))))

:) mermaid
River

Post by River »

You can do it Mermaid! One hour/minute at a time. Sending you support!

River
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

Thanks River :)

Made it through my first day on my own. T has suggested (strongly I might add) that I keep it down to the 1 day/week that I am scheduled for now

mermaid
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trigger edited from MT to NT
tabby

Post by tabby »

((((((((((mermaid))))))))))
1 day a week is perfect for now.
tabby
tabby ... Just keep your head above... Swim