I think... i've found my purpose.

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Lilo

Re: I think... i've found my purpose.

Post by Lilo »

that's so awesome, glowworm =)
eff

Post by eff »

...go for it glow...

we know you can and will achieve it...putting my name down for first edition...signed please.

eff
(Member since July 2010, 692 previous posts)
SparklingDawn

Post by SparklingDawn »

Glowworm,

I'm a big crossword and Scrabble fan, too.

And ever since I was a little thing, I lived inside books......every week I went to the library and reveled in that smell, that glorious, wonderful smell of book bindings and new printed pages.....I loved the sense of quietness.......I loved hearing people talk in whispers and hearing the muffled rattling of pages turning, and the distinctive sound of the librarian inking up her stamper and briskly smacking it on the inside covers of books......

Good for you.......honestly.......I celebrate your newfound purpose, Glowworm.......I'm just ecstatic for you. Please share your writing and words with us.

Warmly,
D
Last edited by SparklingDawn on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
glowworm

Post by glowworm »

Abuse Warrior,
Oh gosh, is that what i'm in for?! Yikes.. hehe. Seems like there are a lot of us writers and writer types here at isurvive :D i guess that makes sense, after all, would we spend so much time posting on an online forum if we didn't like writing? Thanks aw, you are very inspiring to me. (((((aw)))))

Thanks Iccy,
God, me, writing a book, it sounds so crazy and feels about a million years away, but thanks so much for your faith in me! (((Iccy)))

Thanks Lilo! (((Lilo)))

Lol, Eff,
No probs i will send you your very own personal signed copy! hehe (((Eff)))

Hi Sparkling Dawn,
Goodness me, we seem to have such a lot in common. Yes, that new book smell is fantastic. i remember getting so excited when new books by my favourite authors came in, or one that i had had on reserve for three weeks finally became available. i love libraries, i love losing myself in good stories and completely forgetting who and where i am.
Thanks for saying i inspired you, wow, i am humbled, but so glad to have reminded you of what you love too :D
I'm sorry you are drifting too and questioning your reason for existence, it is a very difficult place to be ((((Sparkling Dawn)))) if ok.. for me, the last few months of drifting has felt like i've fallen off the edge of the earth and sailed off into outer space, there's nothing but blackness and emptiness surrounding me, all i can hear is the sound of my own ragged breathing, there's just nothing, nothing but endless nothingness stretching to infinity... i call it The Void, and it has been my home for the past while. It's not a great place to move to (although real estate is going cheap there, it's quiet and private, and there are no nosy or annoying neighbours peering through their lacy front curtains at you while you're cooking dinner)... But just in the last couple of days, that feeling has lifted. It's lifted! i can't believe it, i keep waiting for it to come back, but no sign of it. Perhaps i have been evicted from Voidsville. Here's hoping.

Thanks so much again, everyone.
Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructable be found in us. - Pema Chodron
audacious

Post by audacious »

Your post made me smile. I'm glad you found a purpose. And so well written a post! =)
The basic rule of dysfunctional families everywhere: "Don't talk, don't trust, don't feel." And here we are talking, trusting, and feeling! Every time we do, it's a small victory.
Dream Dancer

Post by Dream Dancer »

Life in the void, I can relate so well.

Finding that reason to wake up in the morning -- I am absolutely thrilled for you!!! I'm smiling and crying at the same time. What could be better than reading this inspiring post this morning?

I am so in awe of you that you entered and braved the darkness of unknowing and came out with new exciting horizons surrounding you. Yeah, it is funny how the signs were there all along.

Yay Glow!
Dream Dancer
Joined 02 April 2009 ~*~ 383 prior posts
lonelylife

Post by lonelylife »

Often I think of writing my story. Alot of it is already written out on here as it is. 3d people have told me I should now for years.
glowworm

Post by glowworm »

Thanks so much Aud, Dream Dancer and Lonelylife,

Sorry for the incredibly delayed reply. I'd forgotten i wrote this but it popped back up at a timely point, right when i was hitting an 'i must plan my life what the hell am i going to do' phase today. Must be sure to factor my dreams into that plan, and act on it... do i have the courage?! *gulp*

LL you should write your story, for sure. I would buy it.
Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructable be found in us. - Pema Chodron
SparklingDawn

Post by SparklingDawn »

Not easy discovering our passion, is it? But it does seem very important.

((((((((glowworm)))))))
Last edited by SparklingDawn on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
glowworm

Post by glowworm »

Thanks Dawn! i would buy yours too!
Its really important to discover our passions, i think. They give life meaning.
Now, to integrate my passions into my life... easier said than done. But at least i have an idea what they are now!
(((((Dawn))))) hope you're having a good day.