Pride

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

FrumSurvivor

Pride

Post by FrumSurvivor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:50 am

I'm proud to say that I've really taken charge of my life, and I'm doing a pretty good job of it. I used to be terrified of people, but now I am really able to trust and share with a select few individuals. Called a friend when had a terrible attack and she helped me calm down - and I had to be very vulnerable to do that, because my voice was teary, and I always lived by the rule that crying should never be done, surely not in front of others. Yet I did it. And it helped. Went to a new T this week who does a different kind of therapy that may be helpful for me. Went to a 12-step-meeting, which was really vulnerable for me, even just the fact that I was there (I didn't speak). Exploring my options and trying to take care of myself. Spending loads of money on therapy but feel like I'm... worth it? Coming from a person who hated doing anything for herself, that's saying a lot.

I have ups and downs, like the rest of us. But right now I'm trying to allow myself to feel proud of my tremendous accomplishments, even if I do have years of more work ahead of me.

becomingbutterfly

Re: Pride

Post by becomingbutterfly » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 am

Good for you, FrumSurvivor. You're making such good steps to taking care of yourself. And yes, hun, you certainly are very much worth it. I hope you can be really proud of each one of these things. Much love and support to you.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:03 am

Hi FrumSurvivor

Sending you the biggest smile I have - this is wonderful to hear. Keep on keeping on, you are doing it!
Feeling as proud of you as a proud Jonesy on a proud kinda day.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org

fightinback

Post by fightinback » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Way to go FrumSurvivor. This is awesome. :D
FB Delicately changing my name because I don't need to fight anymore.

Be true to yourself
Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it

HealingHearts

Post by HealingHearts » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:43 am

Frumsurvivor this is such wonderful news. So very, very happy to hear that you are doing so well. Thanks for sharing! HH
Together we are stronger...

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:31 am

Healthy pride and self respect returning are sure signs of recovery. Don't forget to visit this thread when you feel discouraged as well. It is a day to day up and down thing this recovery. Wishing you well.

Savor the good stuff,

Harmony

Stasi2013

Post by Stasi2013 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 am

Loved reading all that you wrote. Your pride in your progress also made me feel good about the progress I'm making.
Thanks for sharing. :)
Last edited by Harmony on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger indicator from MT to NT

ultimatesurvivor83

Post by ultimatesurvivor83 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:23 am

Hi frumsurvivor,

You couldn't have picked a better word. Never compromise or give in. They (abusers)will trick you into accepting their kindness, but there's always a bottom-line, a hidden script or a loophole for them to abuse. Self worth is worth it. They're putting me down for buying medicines worth $400 for a week. I haven't even bought or am requesting the needed lotion. Just the meds. Right now I'm using skin safe shampoo which they bought for the household. They'll even charge me for seeing a doctor.

Everything earned by hard work and discipline is well worth it. As long as you can afford and sustain the self-help classes, I'd say go for it. I was thinking of posting the same thing last night. Things never end, but I know I am worth it, though the people outside my room won't.

"In the name of Love. What More in the Name of Love?"- U2, Pride (in the name of Love).
Last edited by Harmony on Tue May 07, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trigger indicator changed from MT to NT

Poinsettia

Post by Poinsettia » Mon May 20, 2013 5:43 pm

This post is uplifting. Yes, by all means take care of yourself. It's so important and necessary. You deserve to feel good about who you are without any guilt. You deserve to take pride in who you are and celebrate yourself as a lovable person each and every day. Greetings for a wonderful Monday and week!