Feeling pretty good

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Katerific

Feeling pretty good

Post by Katerific »

It has been quite a year. Exactly 1 year ago this week, I went to my first therapist appointment because of anxiety. That T made me worse. After 9 months of going down, down, down I said I couldn't do it any longer and went to another T. I was at the end of my rope and couldn't sleep at all that night after I last saw him. The second one is a T who does EMDR. After 12 sessions of EMDR, and going through childhood memories, I know the emotional and sexual abuse is part of my past, but it is not traumatizing to me. It has been 8 weeks since my last EMDR and 3 weeks since I've been to therapy. I don't have to go back unless I have something else I need help with. I've said before that I don't remember sa, but the therapist could still work with what little I remember. I had glimmers of SA memories from a very young age that were probably true and traumatized me. There were definitely things I remembered and lived through that were SA, but didn't involve anyone touching me. Let's just say it was no way to raise a girl and those things have caused me much pain for over 35 years.

****Religious triggers*****
Another important part of my journey is calling on Jesus. When doing EMDR, I would always go to a safe place for a while at the end. Jesus is there in my safe place and He holds me. I revisit the safe place a couple of times a day and it makes a big difference.

All of us have a journey and I want to encourage you all to keep seeking and keep trying. There is help and there are answers.
there

Re: Feeling pretty good

Post by there »

Katerific,
I'm glad thigs ar working out fr you. thanks for sharing yr story of hope and perseverance.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
birdygirl

Re: Feeling pretty good

Post by birdygirl »

Good for you katerific ! Very happy to hear you are doing well.