I am fighting my little heart out

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Pith

Re: I am fighting my little heart out

Post by Pith »

That's the spirit, AW! You have every reason to be proud of your accomplishments.
When I read your posts, I can hear your motivation and determination to heal and to overcome what you endured. I don't know you as long or as well as some others here, although I try to keep up with the posts, but I'm equally impressed with the wise analyses I often see you make.
And you are so right, each of us carry the responsability of our own life and the choices we make in our life are ours to make. You are not responsable for the people surrounding you also.
Keep up the strength and courage, AW. You can do this.

Pith for the pithians
audacious

Post by audacious »

Awesome, Abusewarrior! I need to borrow your attitude, try it on and see if it fits. =P This, especially: "Sword in hand, ready to kick some ass if people don't let me live my own truth."
Aud
The basic rule of dysfunctional families everywhere: "Don't talk, don't trust, don't feel." And here we are talking, trusting, and feeling! Every time we do, it's a small victory.
birdygirl

Post by birdygirl »

Aw- kick that alcohol in its butt! Way to go friend. I'm so proud of you. Your post gave me great inspiration and hope! You rock- thank you for posting that. Let's start a recovery revolution. Wow - your post got me pumped up to fight my own demons. ((( pug hug for you my friend)))
Carolina

Post by Carolina »

Oh thank you. Maybe that's why I like video games. Perhaps I should play, been so long since I kicked some butt.
glowworm

Post by glowworm »

((((AW))))

You are so strong and brave... a true survivor. i love your fighting spirit. And you're right, we can only be responsible for our own selves, something I'm learning and relearning every day ;)
Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructable be found in us. - Pema Chodron
Aspen

I am fighting my little heart out

Post by Aspen »

Abuse warrior,

You have a lot to be proud of!! You are an inspiration.

Aspen
birdygirl

Post by birdygirl »

To: (((( AW)))) from : the UgPug .
Sending good vibes to you.