New year, new things

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

becomingbutterfly

New year, new things

Post by becomingbutterfly »

Hey fam,

The new year is really kicking off some things for me. I have a boyfriend for the first time! He is a good guy - intellectual yet treats me like an equal, funny, gentle yet willing to challenge me. His best feature is he has very kind eyes. I find myself doing silly things like smiling randomly or walking absent mindedly a mile away from where I parked because I'm thinking of him. :D It's still early in our relationship so he knows I don't talk with my mother but that's it. For now, we are just having fun getting to know each other and I'm celebrating it. Have to be long distance which is hard but yeah, I'm a fan of this man.

I've started working in legislation and been able to submit testimony on behalf of vulnerable populations including trafficking survivors, foster youth, and other vulnerable populations. Plus, have had the opportunity to speak and share my story a bit. It's been lovely and all makes me feel alive.

Also, rescued a puppy a few months back and she's gone from very scared to one happy critter who wags her tail a lot and loves to snuggle.

Still waiting to get back into counseling to do some more EMDR in person but for now, my life is pretty dang good.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
Crow

Re: New year, new things

Post by Crow »

Hi becomingbutterfly,

So nice to read your post. I remember when I first started seeing my wife back in the late 90s I was the same in smiling randomly and walking absent mindedly thinking of her.
Sounds like you are really getting on in life and it's encouraging to read.
I've had a quick look back at some of your early posts and there are similarities in our stories regarding the PA, EA and VA. So nice to see this positivity here :)

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Bird

Post by Bird »

Becomingbutterfly,

I am so happy for you. You are making this world a better place - thank you for this. Hope the things keep rolling on, you deserve happiness.

Best,
B
becomingbutterfly

Post by becomingbutterfly »

Thank you Crow. Haha it makes me think of Bambi when the creatures call the ones in love "twitterpated." I definitely am that.

And thank you Bird. I will definitely try to keep rolling on.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear becomingbutterfly,

Doesn't it feel good to do good? Enjoy pride in your work doing the right things. So glad you shared. Welcome home to isurvive any old time.

Harmony
Mwin

Post by Mwin »

Happy for you on these exciting new things! Thank you for sharing.