Celebrating another milestone

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Adelle

Celebrating another milestone

Post by Adelle »

I found someone.

We met online and started talking for a few days before deciding to meet up. Since we did, everything has felt so magical. He is kind, attentive, tremendously giving, gentle, protective, affectionate, sensitive and immensely chivalrous.

We spent an entire day together, getting to know each other, laughing, talking, and (ehem) doing the deed; and it all felt so natural.

These last two years has felt so lonely, so empty and so immensely difficult to come out of, so much so that I wanted to throw in the towel numerous times. I didn't want to continue and I wanted to end everything because my open wounds were so much and so excruciatingly painful. Finding him and having him made all the difficult days and lonely nights so worth it. It has only been a week, but I've never felt so strongly about anyone before and I am excited for our future together. He's been such a gem and still is, it's frighteningly exciting.

Finding him has also helped me grieve and release my past self who has never experienced the safety, comfort and love this man generously provides. It's extremely hurtful to realise that I never had this as a child, but finally being able to experience it now is beyond any thing I can express.

Coming across him is a huge milestone because all the pain that seemed endless finally feels bearable. I'm so terrifyingly excited, I just needed to pen it out somewhere.

To all my friends who shared their current experiences and struggles with processing rage, fury and anger in my last post, I want you to know that I've read what you've wrote and I'm sending love to all of you.

I anticipate my days are gonna be so much easier now that I have someone who's committing to journey with me.

Sending everyone who is reading this lots of hope, strength and love. If you're experiencing an extremely difficult day today because of the cruel actions of your perpetrator(s) and having to deal with the consequences alone, I see you friend. I feel your pain and I see you. Please know that as much as every step feels like it could be the last, those 2, 10, 50, or 100 steps you keep taking will eventually lead you to the light, love and joy you so truly deserve. I love you and I am with you in your journey. <3
Crow

Re: Celebrating another milestone

Post by Crow »

Hi Adelle,

It's so nice to read your excitement here :)
I'm going to sound like an overprotective parent, but please be careful and make sure you set boundaries. I just don't want you to get hurt or disappointed. Sorry if this sounds negative it isn't meant to. Just protect yourself. You have been through a lot. You deserve happiness and your post exudes that, but just take it easy.
I really hope this comes across the way I mean it. I am genuinely happy for you, but cautious naturally as I read it.

Wishing you all the best in this new relationship. Talk soon.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Dear Adelle,
Like Crow l too am very happy for you. Your happiness and delight at this new encounter come across really mighty strong.

But me too, and l am old enough to be your granny, can only beg you to please be so so careful. I wouldn't want you to get hurt and disappointed. It's so important for us all to watch out and be absolutely sure we can trust the people that come into our lives.
Wishing you only the best, Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hey Adelle,

Hope all is well with you. Hoping that things with your new man are going well.
Been thinking of you.

Crow
Adelle

Post by Adelle »

Hi Crow!

It's been crazy busy at work and I've been dealing with more memories that have resurfaced, hence why I've been away. Throughout my time away though, I've been thinking about this group and you too as well, so do you know you were in my thoughts too!

Re yours and Kokoschka's response to my post, I thank you both for sharing in my happiness. I also see that both of you care, hence, the words of caution, but I believe I just needed a listening and supportive ear with this post. :)

Things with new man has been going wonderful so far! Albeit, it being new, and with the current restrictions making it difficult for us to meet frequently, its still been wonderful being able to spend time together and getting to know each other.

I hope you've been well too!
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Adelle,
SO HAPPY to hear from you and that you're doing well, busy with work and in love :D
Wishing you all the best, Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
Adelle

Post by Adelle »

Hello Kokoschka!

Super happy to be 'visiting' again here too! Hehe.

And awwww, yes! Relatively well and defo busy with work! I don't know if I'm in love yet, but definitely falling! *blushes* Hehe.

Hope the week has been kind to you too btw. :)
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi Adelle,

Nice to see you here, and glad all is going well for you.

Crow