Acceptance has helped

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Qwerty

Acceptance has helped

Post by Qwerty »

For a very long time I did not accept the fact that I have DID. I just wanted to be normal and have "one me" however, it really stopped my progress from healing from the past. I was fighting myself and what others did to me and it left me with nothing.
Accepting who I am has led to a very interesting journey of self discovery and I have been able to get more done in a month then I have in a year.
The irony is that the personality that initially sought help here hasn't reappeared since her first panicked post.
She only showed up once, and that was to file my nails. :lol: Apparently, i did such a bad job she had to fix them. They they do look nice though.
I just wanted to leave this post to remind everyone to be kind to yourself. Life is hard and sometimes all we have is ourselves. We can't fight the world and ourselves. Making peace with me has been very freeing. Trusting myself to do the right thing and take care of things has made all the difference.
Being able to have a completely anonymous place for my alters to go and read has helped tremendously.
Even if you don't suffer from DID having a place to just say everything outloud without ever having to face reprocussions or fear of someone finding it is so cathartic and helpful.
Thank you to the makers of this site. For me it has meant the world, in a very short time.
~Qwerty~
"We're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again"
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Acceptance has helped

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Qwerty
Qwerty wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 pm The irony is that the personality that initially sought help here hasn't reappeared since her first panicked post.
I am so very happy that you have found the site useful and hope that all of your alters have found something helpful, including the nail filer ;)
Glad to have you here with us.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
greendreamdays

Re: Acceptance has helped

Post by greendreamdays »

I just wanted to leave this post to remind everyone to be kind to yourself. Life is hard and sometimes all we have is ourselves. We can't fight the world and ourselves. Making peace with me has been very freeing. Trusting myself to do the right thing and take care of things has made all the difference.
Hi Qwerty,
I find this very uplifting, thanks for sharing. Acceptance is hard but I am also finding more and more that it is the key to healing. Try as I might I can't hate or bully myself into recovery. Without acceptance I end up punishing and shaming myself relentlessly until those wounded parts go back into hiding and are harder than ever to build trust in again. But acceptance as a form of self-compassion seems to be the antidote that ends those cycles of violence against myself.