Scared one

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Bird

Scared one

Post by Bird »

Hello,

I registered on here a while ago, but haven't had the courage to post anything yet. I am scared and deeply ashamed to be here, but feel like I need to be. This forum has put a mirror in front of me and now I can see the reflection of truth. It's too painful to look at it. Flashbacks have taken control of my everyday life and I can't pull myself out of this despair. I need to become a better person, so I can be a better mother, but I don't want to even wake up the next day. Feeling physically and emotionally drained.
I hope I'll be able to find my way with a help of this site. You are all heroes.

Kind regards,
B
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no specific triggering content or language
Starlover

Re: Scared one

Post by Starlover »

Take your time. I started with sharing just a short version of my life story, then posted more thread going into more detail. That is the best part of posting on here, there is no expectation, only encouraging words!
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Welcome bird,

So very glad you found the energy and strength to join us. This is a friendly place to help give you company for the healing journey.

sending you comfort,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Bird

A very warm welcome to isurvive - much kudos on making that first scary post.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome.,

It is very hard to acknowledge that you belong here. To admit this is your truth too. You can share as much or as little as you want.

A lot of us have been right where you are. Until I hit that point I refused to face my truth or get help. But when it seemed like the flashbacks and nightmares were going to completely rule my life I figured I needed to face it.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
quixote

Post by quixote »

Bird,
You should give yourself a lot of credit just for coming here. While our experiences are not all exactly the same, we share enough experience to be able to help others.
quixote
Bird

Post by Bird »

Thanks to all for your kind words, they are a light in this darkness I'm walking in.