Hi

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Bella

Hi

Post by Bella » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi
I’m new here. I really don’t know how to begin.
I was sexually abused by my neighbor. It went on for a couple of years from when I was about 7-8 years old.
He used to come to my home and take me to my room or to the basement. Undressing me, touching me, shoving things into my body. Always asking me “am I hurting you?”. Telling me to touch him. Inviting his friends along for the party. He messed me up. When I grew I stopped it. My mom was in her on world. Probably to depressed to see anything.
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator for NT to MT due to potentially triggering content.

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Post by Harmony » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:25 am

Welcome Bella,

We are so glad you are able to join us at this supportive corner of the web. You will hear soon from other members who have had issues like you have. You are no longer alone. We offer company and support for the healing of abuse.

again welcome,
Harmony

the husband

Post by the husband » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:19 am

Welcome, Bella

You'll find many with similar experiences here. I'm sorry that you had those experiences, but I'm glad you've found us. There is much to share and much to learn.

Harbor

Post by Harbor » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:25 am

Hi Bella

You are among friends here. It's not unusual to feel a bit anxious and exposed when people first start to share their stories here. Please know that, whatever your experience, there is someone who can relate to it in some way. There is no comparison or judgement in this place.
"'Safe Harbor' is a state of mind... it's the place - in reality or metaphor - to which one goes in times of trouble or worry. It can be a friendship, marriage, church, garden, beach, poem, prayer, or song." -Luanne Rice

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:33 am

Hi Bella

Adding my welcome - may you soon feel at home here.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks for the welcoming. I don’t know if I even know yet what it is I’m looking for. My all life I had cycles of up and down. Now I’m starting the down one. I do things that pushes me there half knowing. Can’t stop myself.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content