Hello, this is me

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Ithaca

Hello, this is me

Post by Ithaca »

Hello everybody!

I am Ithaca, I am 40 years old, have been sexually abused by my brother for many years. I don't have a childhood memory without it. I've been recently through therapy so I found out that I dissociated and lost all sense of self, and also I have been unable to have a long term relationship. The truth is that the consequences are so many!
Because I was used to living messed up, the therapy exploded my life, in a good way but still, it's a lot to go through by oneself. I am happy to have found this forum because I am sure exchanging with people who have been through something similar may at least give me hope for the future, and at the most help me with questions I have.
I am hopeful though! My life has changed a lot for the good, even though the challenges are still here. My brother is still here, not abusing me but in the family, he is married, has a child, so my parents see him a lot. How to interact with that is one of my big questions.

I still believe I can build a healthy family, live a healthy happy life even though I had a taste of hell.

Wishing you all, all the best in life.
Last edited by Serenity on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
Serenity
Director
Director

Re: Hello, this is me

Post by Serenity »

Hello and welcome, Ithaca. I'm sorry for the reasons but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Hello, this is me

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Ithaca

A warm welcome to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
coconuts