Saying hi

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Rosemary

Saying hi

Post by Rosemary »

Hi,
I'm not sure how to start this but I'm glad I've found this group. Over ten years ago when I was 11yo my oldest brother abused me for over a year and my parents (mostly mom) fought hard, in and out of the court system, to keep it quiet. I have severe memory loss of almost my entire childhood, still trying to figure out if I can get it back, from the repression of the trauma. I recently started remembering things I had no clue happened and it's been so hard every day. The biggest thing I'm hoping to get from this group is healing resources and feeling heard by people who truly understand what it feels like to through this specific type of trauma.
Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
coconuts

Re: Saying hi

Post by coconuts »

Hello, and welcome. Sorry for the reasons you are here but glad you found us. This is certainly the place to come to be heard and to hear others and to learn the resources and skills others have used to heal
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi Rosemary,

Welcome to isurvive. I'm glad you've found us.

With care,
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Rosemary

A warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
itscleo

Post by itscleo »

Hi Rosemary,

I'm sorry about what happened to you. I forget a lot of my childhood too. Forums like this can really be a good source of support. Take gentle care.

Edit to change from MT to NT.
shayz

Post by shayz »

Hi Rosemary, I am also sorry for the circumstances that brought you here, but I'm glad you found this group and hope you find support here. I'm new too but just wanted to stop by and say hello and wish you a peaceful day.
there

Post by there »

Hi, Rosemary,
Lots of support and kindness here. Welcome :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.