Your therapist goes on vacation. Now what?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: quixote, Harmony, Jonesy

Sherlocked

Your therapist goes on vacation. Now what?

Post by Sherlocked » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:28 am

So my therapist is on vacation this week. I’m doing ok but I admit, it’s weird. Lol I know she has a personal life and it’s good to get a vacation and I’m happy for her. How do others get through the week when their therapists are on vacation? Just asking.
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking

coconuts

Re: Your therapist goes on vacation. Now what?

Post by coconuts » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:30 am

I have to miss t sometimes do to me or my therapist going on trips or what not. They are always harder. I do a lot of distraction stuff and pull out everything I've been taught. Usually the hardest are the day it should have been and day after. Then I start tearing up for next session

Kenazandisaz

Post by Kenazandisaz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Would it help to use the time for something therapeutic? Sort of keep the appointment by yourself, so the routine and that bit of time where you prioritise yourself is still there in your week even if your T can't join you for it.

K
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

quixote

Post by quixote » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 am

Sherlocked,
I find that being around other people helps.
quixote