For the Newbies and Those Thinking of Joining

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Banana

Re: For the Newbies and Those Thinking of Joining

Post by Banana »

Wings, thank you so much for writing that introductory post. I cried as I read it because it was like you were writing about me. It did, however, give me the courage to sign up and post an introduction. It took me so long to write that first post; I changed it so many times before submitting it. I am not very far along my journey to healing and more than anything, I need people who understand. I keep reading your post because it gives me hope that I am not beyond helping and that others will understand me. I cannot thank you enough.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia
whispersofme

Post by whispersofme »

I have never had anyone who could understand so completely what I've been feeling my entire life. No one has ever used the same words or thoughts that are constantly running through my mind, but here you are and you've done exactly that. It's scary and yet I feel like I'm right where I should be this moment.
thank you wings,
P
wings

Post by wings »

Hi Banana and whispersofme,

I'm so glad what I wrote was able to help you in some way, and I'm very glad you found us. It's great you are reaching out for support, it takes a lot of courage to do, but is so worth it.

That post very much describes how I felt when I first arrived here. isurvive taught me that I didn't have to be alone, that what happened to me wasn't my fault, and, perhaps most importantly, that no matter how dark what i was going through seemed, someone would understand. After a lifetime of feeling like an alien this was nothing short of a revelation and was so enormously healing.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. You are definitely not beyond help, there is nothing wrong with you, and you're not alone.
iampatrick

Post by iampatrick »

Ha ha! Now I just finished posting my introduction and THEN, after I submitted it, I read Wings post for Newbies. Wow! I'm amazed by how many of the themes in her/his sample post are exactly the same ones I just wrote about, We really are all one, aren't we? Thank you.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Finding Sanctuary

Post by Finding Sanctuary »

Thank you for posting this, Wings... I relate to this mess of thoughts and self-doubt/hate so closely, maybe some day I will be able to stop believing them. I'm new here, not yet sure of my footing. It's a blessing to not be alone, and in time I might post more. For now I simply say that I am here... and I too join the chorus of support for the health and wellbeing of everyone who has found this site.
-Finding Sanctuary
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Welcome Finding Sanctuary to Isurvive
May you experience this site as a very safe haven
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Finding Sanctuary

Post by Finding Sanctuary »

Fleur wrote:Welcome Finding Sanctuary to Isurvive
May you experience this site as a very safe haven
Thank you Fleur, your encouragement is helpful!
-Finding Sanctuary
wings

Post by wings »

Hi iampatrick and Finding Sanctuary,

Welcome! Yes, it's amazing how similar we all are here.

iampatrick, when I started getting to know people from here, and realised how similar I was to them, a LOT of the self-doubt and self-blame dissipated.

Finding Sanctuary, please feel free to take your time, look around, and post what you like when you're ready. There's no pressure here, just support.

For you both - and all the newbies! - if there's anything you need, or are unsure of, please just ask. If you are having a rough day and need to know someone is there, feel free to post and I have no doubts someone will respond. It's tough, I know, when you don't feel like you're worth it. It's scary putting your thoughts out there. But that's what we're here for - to support you.
hippy

Post by hippy »

Wow, thank you. What you wrote, it feels like that is exactly what is going on in my head just now. I keep questioning myself, giving myself a hard time for not being over it, feeling weak because I want to get it all out again, wondering why it can still be bothering me, telling myself it wasn't that bad really.... You have made me feel less alone.

Hippy
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
wings

Post by wings »

Hi hippy,

Welcome, I'm glad you found us, and so glad you are feeling less alone. It is not your fault you want to get it all out and that it's still bothering you... this is what we need to do to heal.