New here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

overcomethepast

New here

Post by overcomethepast »

Hi, I have been searching for a place to fit, a place to express what I feel, a place to even determine if what I experienced even bothers me, let me explain.. for years I have convinced myself that abuse by a family member from the age of 2 to 14 didn't really affect me. It is just part of life.. and it happens to many people.

I'm strong
I'm not weak
I can dust it under the rug and forget
It prolly didn't even happen....

Then I get these stomach turning flashbacks.. and a sense that some areas if my life are different.. I'm different.. but why...

I guess I realized after 38 years... I need to heal or perhaps just explore the chance that I may can heal...

So here I am... First step.. admitting it happen..
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
Serenity
Director
Director

Re: New here

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, overcomethepast. I'm glad you're here, taking this first step. I think many people can relate to everything you've said here. I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

With care,
Serenity
rainewillow

Post by rainewillow »

Hi welcome to the forums,

You will find this to be a place of support validation and where you are heard....
I am very sorry for what you had to endure and feeling very honored and angered and saddened at what you've been through...thank you for being couragous enough to share....I'm here listening sitting with you and your not alone.....take gentle care
Raine
Dear Negativity, We need to break up :mrgreen:
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi overcomethepast

A very warm welcome from me to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org