My First Post

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Progress

My First Post

Post by Progress »

Wow, it’s scary to write my first post! But I’m very glad to be here. I have a feeling that maybe I’ve found my tribe - people who understand my experience and get the gist of what I’m going through. Hopefully I can provide support to other people too.

My little bio- I’m 51. Until age 48 I had complete amnesia of csa. When the vault cracked opened, I eventually hit a crisis phase but stabilized with therapy and r/x medication.

However, there was one memory back then that I just couldn’t really believe was true, and I kind of put it on the shelf to deal with it later.

I’m sure you know where this is going. That category of memories has decided now is the time to surface. And the plot twist- my fabulous, awesome, amazing therapist is on maternity leave! I feel like this might be a great place for a little extra support.

Anyway, I have some Dissociative Disorders and C-PTSD. I am also getting to know my parts. I have a lot to learn about the clever things my brain did to survive, but we are going to take it slow.

Very happy to be here. And hey, once I started typing it got much easier! I’ve been in and out of a freeze response all day, and I’m happy to say my arms and hands and brain have been functioning the whole time I’ve been typing.

Peace,
Progress
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: My First Post

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Progress

A very warm welcome to isurvive - that 1st post is always daunting, but you made it!
You are amongst good company here and I hope you soon feel at home ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

Hi Progress,

Welcome!

Ah so sorry to hear you have been dealing with intrusive memories. So sorry all that happened to you, and that Pandora's box is opening again. It's terrifying.

Wishing you everything you need and more,
EH
"One kind word can warm three winter months"
plantsandtigers

Post by plantsandtigers »

Hi Progress,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great tribe to be part of. I'm glad to hear you're taking it slow, it will all unfold in good time:)

plantsandtigers
Progress

Post by Progress »

Hi plantsandtigers and EH,
Just want to say a proper thank you for the kind words.

In the few weeks I’ve been on the site, I’ve gained so much I sight and support.

There is knowledge, wisdom, support, empathy and camaraderie. When the really low times hit, I know the people here truly understand the anguish.

I’m so glad I found the group.

Progress
quixote

Post by quixote »

Progress,
It gets easier to manage when you are around like-minded people. I'm looking forward to reading your next post.
Progress

Post by Progress »

Hi Jonesey,
Hi quixote,

I’ve had these nagging feelings that I didn’t respond to some of the supportive posts I’ve received, and whaddya know, it’s this thread! My first post! Please pardon my mental spaciness.

Thank you both for your kind replies. It means so much to receive support and encouragement. I feel welcomed and comfortable here. It’s great to be able to post things that I’m still sorting out in my head, things I can’t
Progress

Post by Progress »

Whooops! Lost my concentration and hit the button by accident!

Continued:
…..things I can’t say to anyone in my life quite yet. Or ever?

Anyway, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Progress