positive updates

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Sherlocked

positive updates

Post by Sherlocked »

Hi everyone,
I wanted to check in to say hi. Things are going ok with me. I'm challenging myself to staying clean from my addictions for the next 99 days out and right now on day 95. I picked 99 days because I'll be going back to my mental health retreat aka Walt Disney World for my dad's belated 70th birthday trip there and I want to be in good form. I want to be my personal best for that trip and I figured start from the inside out so 99 days to get myself feeling good.

I do have a triggering family event in August so I'll be working with my therapist to prepare for that. I also watched the AppleTV+ series The Me you Can't See and I 100% recommend it. It really helped me feel less alone with feeling how I feel at times. It was one of the catalysts for me to want to dive more into healing and embracing mental health.
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking
greendreamdays

Re: positive updates

Post by greendreamdays »

Hi Sherlocked,

Congrats on 95 days sober! It is great that you are setting goals in your recovery. Do you have a plan for what you will do after the 99 days?
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Congratulations Sherlocked.

Way to go.
Sherlocked

Post by Sherlocked »

Hi, it’s now 94 days clean and I definitely want to continue after the 99 days are up. I have first made amends with a relative who was emotionally abusive to me. I think it is forgiveness? I felt it was emotionally exhausting to stay angry at this person so I gave an olive branch and we’re back on speaking terms. There’s been ups and downs and urges to relapse but I really want to achieve this goal. I want to have the only stress to be recovering from my trauma.
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking