I'm new here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

LucyLou

I'm new here

Post by LucyLou »

I've have just been approved to join this site, so I'm still finding my way around it.

I don't know what to write in here, so I may waffle!

I'm 29, a Registered Veterinary Nurse from the North West.

I have a 2 year old boy called E [name removed for privacy] and 2 guinea pigs.

I live with my partner of 3 years - He knows some of the issues I've had in the past but it's something he does get upset about, if I try to talk about anything.

I've been through periods of hospitalization with anorexia/bulimia - I'm not completely recovered but I'm getting there slowly.

Also have a history of sexual abuse in childhood, emotional/mental abuse from a previous partner and more recently a rape commited by a co worker.

I'm currently waiting to start trauma counselling
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited post for privacy and trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no trigger detail no language.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm new here

Post by Harmony »

Welcome to our site LucyLou,

So glad you posted. Way to go. We hope you will find support and company for your healing path. It gets better with friends to support you. Sorry for what brings you here but you are no longer alone.

with comfort,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi LucyLou

A warm welcome from me - glad to have you here with us in our little corner of internet-land ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
greendreamdays

Post by greendreamdays »

Hi LucyLou,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have been through a lot. Glad you found this place. It looks like we share many experiences. The people I have met in hospitals and treatment are by far the strongest and most interesting people I will probably ever meet! I hope you get the support you are looking for. Trauma therapy can be a real game-changer.
Edit: grammar ugh
OneThousandApologies

Post by OneThousandApologies »

LucyLou,

I am sorry for the circumstances in which brought you here, but I am glad you joined. Welcome!
I hope that you can get into trauma counseling soon and start the healing process. I also hope you find the support that your are looking for and need, on here.

OneThousandApologies