Suicide sadness

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Crow

Suicide sadness

Post by Crow »

It's a sad time when anyone gets to the point of suicide. I'm sure many of us here have felt that way so often (I know I have only too often). It hit close to home when I still lived with my parents and my mother failed a suicide attempt.

I just heard that an old school friend of mine, who was an ex work colleague for several years up until five years ago, has lost his daughter to suicide. She had just turned 18. She struggled throughout her teens with mental health struggles, often ran away from home, and had struggled most of her life with autism. She just couldn't handle life anymore.
So sad that someone who was barely an adult and had their life ahead of them has lost the fight for life.
I feel so sad for my old friend and his family... so sad.
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Aspen

Re: Suicide sadness

Post by Aspen »

Crow,

That pain has touched me also. Sitting with you gently, you aren't alone.

Aspen
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Oh that’s terrible crow. I had a friend who committed suicide. It killed me because a few days before he did it, he asked me to pick him up from the hospital after having a seizure. I told him no politely, as I was dating someone new and was trying not to have any male friends at that time. I didn’t want to alarm my boyfriend. I often wonder if I had been there for him if he would have done it. Everyone tells me you can’t blame yourself. When it happens to someone you know, it’s hard to get it out of your head. I’ve thought about it before but I always decided not too. The thought of someone being alone with no one and feeling that was their only option just eats at me. I know being an empath, it must hurt for you too. So tragic.
Chessgirl
Tryingtostayafloat

Post by Tryingtostayafloat »

I'm sorry your going through this, I've also lost friends to suicide and a few failed attempts myself. It's so awful to see it happen to someone else, to know how it must have been so incredibly over whelming for them to reach that point especially so young.

Here with you.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Thanks all. I think it just hits hard when it is so close to home.
I mean, it's hard enough to lose a child in the family myself (neice), but for someone to lose their child to suicide adds complicated feelings on top for them too.
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
quixote

Post by quixote »

Very sad.