Hello everyone, I'm new!

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

rainbowdoves

Hello everyone, I'm new!

Post by rainbowdoves »

Please, call me Dove. (That isn't my real name so I figure it's okay?) I use he/him pronouns and identify as queer. Not really sure what to say for this....it's very wonderful to be here. :)

I love animation, DC comics, music, and animals. My favorite band is Paramore, and I'm listening to a lot of My Chemical Romance at the moment. I love talking about music with people!
And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me
Crow

Re: Hello everyone, I'm new!

Post by Crow »

Hey Dove,

Welcome to isurvive.
My younger sister used to always listen to MCR, along with many other similar bands. I was into more heavier bands when I was younger, and it has stayed with me.
Music has been a big part of my life, my coping as a child, and my joy as an adult.
Hope you feel settled here soon.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
rainbowdoves

Post by rainbowdoves »

Crow wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:20 am My younger sister used to always listen to MCR, along with many other similar bands. I was into more heavier bands when I was younger, and it has stayed with me.
Music has been a big part of my life, my coping as a child, and my joy as an adult.
Thank you so much!! My best friend is a huge fan of heavier bands and has frequently recommended me heavy metal. Honestly I'm open to all genres and find those kinds to be very cathartic!! MCR is the soundtrack to me finally leaving my childhood home, and it adds a very comforting triumphant element. I was really hoping to see them this year, but I'll try as soon as they're back and coming to my state!!

My entire life, music has been a constant solace to me, I relate so much. I find that singing along is very, very helpful for me. I suppose I never knew due to self consciousness over my family hearing me, lol.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Shortened quote, as per guidelines
And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi rainbowdoves

A very warm welcome to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi Dove,
rainbowdoves wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:58 am MCR is the soundtrack to me finally leaving my childhood home, and it adds a very comforting triumphant element. I was really hoping to see them this year, but I'll try as soon as they're back and coming to my state!!
For me, Machine Head was my 11+ solace. Seen them twice when they came to the UK on their tour promoting their fifth album (which was a return to their early form and a prelude of things to come), and I have to say that the first gig was a memory I will never forget!
Hope you get to see MCR very soon. :)

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.