New here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

CW

New here

Post by CW »

Hi everyone, I’m new here and thought I would post. I hesitated to create an account after finding this forum when googling some stuff I experienced. Most of what I experienced didn’t seem that bad. I’m not going to go into detail on this intro post, but the physical stuff wasn’t nearly as bad as some of the stuff I have read on here — I feel like it was tangential aspects of it that had an outsized emotional impact on me. It was also confusing for me, as my parents were otherwise very loving. The other side of things (sexual) didn’t come from my parents but from a few different external figures. I see a therapist, but outside of that, I have never talked about that side of things before, and I have only talked about the physical stuff in a minimal and casual manner. Sorry for the rant, but I don’t know where to begin. Thank you all for your courage that inspired me to join.
Shelly

Re: New here

Post by Shelly »

Welcome! No matter what happened you deserve to heal! There’s no need to compare your pain to others. Everyone’s pain matters. I’m so glad you decided to join! I understand conflicted feelings with family and hiding everything. It’s hard. You’re not alone!
OneThousandApologies

Post by OneThousandApologies »

CW,

I agree with Shelly. There is no scale of whose trauma is worse or "better" then anyone else's. Trauma is trauma. Pain is pain. Both are real and they both impact us. I used to think that my trauma wasn't as bad as others so I didn't have a right to talk about it or I would minimize my trauma for various reasons. I found out recently that there is no scale. Everyone deserves to be heard, supported and to heal. That being said, you are more then welcome to share what you need, want or feel comfortable with. This is a safe place!

I am sorry that you had to go through so much trauma, but I am glad that you found isurvive. I am also glad that you are able to be open with your therapist, that's a great step in your journey to healing!

Remember to breathe, take one day at a time and be kind to yourself.

OneThousandApologies
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi CW

A very warm welcome to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi CW,

Welcome to isurvive.
CW wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:04 am I have only talked about the physical stuff in a minimal and casual manner.
Such familiar words CW! That was me for many years...

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
CW

Post by CW »

Thank you to everyone for the very warm welcome, it means a lot to just know I’m not alone or weird or whatever.
Crow — thank you for that, it’s good to know that’s not a unique struggle.
CW

Post by CW »

Btw, I posted my story here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10926
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat May 22, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering detail