I am new

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Clearlyserene

I am new

Post by Clearlyserene »

I'm new to this forum. I would like to share some of my trauma recovery from incest, kidnapping and sexual abuse in the community.
I began EMDR therapy over 2 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I had been through years of therapist and would quit for so many different reasons, 1 being , I didn't want to continue because of the pain and confusion.
When I finally did, I wished I would have years ago. I am 57 and am just starting to live my full truth and authentic self.
Genesis

Re: I am new

Post by Genesis »

Clearlyserene,
I am sorry for the reasons you are here but happy you found us. I am so glad you found relief with EMDR. It has helped me some. I really appreciate you sharing what you did about your experience. Thank you ๐Ÿ™
~ Genesis ๐Ÿ’”
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Clearlyserene

A warm welcome to isurvive - may you soon feel at home ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Clearlyserene,

Many warm welcomes to you! I am so glad you found us, but sorry you have reason to be here. Working through trauma is indeed painful and often exhausting, but you are putting in some good work. It's nice to hear you have a therapist and treatment to help you on your path to healing. I hope you find this to be a safe space where you can feel free to share and get plenty of support. Thank you for being brave and taking the time to introduce yourself. Wishing you many happy days and lots of healing!

-gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. Glad you found us.
Coconuts
Be the Light ๐ŸŒŸ in someone's night.
ajei

Post by ajei »