Hello, this is my first post

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Anemone

Hello, this is my first post

Post by Anemone »

Hello,

I am in my late thirties. I live with my husband and child.

When my son was born, few years ago, my world fell apart. I started a therapy where the traumas of my past came up in pieces. Today, I know my whole story.

I lived in a family with intergenerational trauma including sexual abuse. Also, I am a survivor of ritualized abuse and human trafficking. I have complex post-traumatic stress disorder and dissociative identity disorder without amnesia which will be evaluated by a psychiatrist shortly.

Despite my pretty intense past, I am privilege to be surrounded by a loving and understanding husband, a healthy child who is teaching me so much including spontaneity and appreciation for the little things in life, trusted friends and a competent and empathetic therapist.I have told my trusted in-laws and friends about my story. They believe me and are touched by it. However, I have never met anyone who has experienced this type of trauma and these types of consequences (at least, as far as I know).

Without taking anything away from them, my relatives cannot fully understand the consequences of this type of past. It's good to talk about things and not have to explain things so that the other person understands.

Anyway, I joined the forum to feel less alone and to encourage and support other survivors.
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering detail
gods_child

Re: Hello, this is my first post

Post by gods_child »

Welcome, Anemone!

I'm glad you are here, but sorry to know you have reasons to post here. I hope you find this to be safe space where you can share uninhibited and feel the support of those who "just get it". Thank you for introducing yourself and for being brave enough to share. Also, congrats on all the ways you are working hard to heal and for finding a great therapist. Wishing you all the healing you deserve.

- gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi Anemone,

Welcome to isurvive :) really sad to hear the reasons why, but glad you have found this place.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Anemone

A very warm welcome to isurvive and may you soon feel at home here ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Anemone

Post by Anemone »

Thank you for the warm welcome gods_child, Crow and Jonesy. :)
Otterotter

Post by Otterotter »

I am also new here! Glad you also found a community that you can be your whole self in.
"Fate. whispers to the warrior "you cannot withstand the storm.' The warrior looks back and smiles, 'I am the storm.'"
🦦🌊
quixote

Post by quixote »

Anemone,
Welcome. I am glad that you are getting help from multiple people in your life now. You truly are a survivor.
Anemone

Post by Anemone »

Thanks quixote and Otterotter!
LittleTiger

Post by LittleTiger »

Hi Anemone,
I’m new too :D I like your choice for username. I’m deeply sorry to hear about your story. You do give me hope though, and you are a survivor for sure! Thank you for sharing.
LittleTiger :tiger2:
plantsandtigers

Post by plantsandtigers »

Hello Anenome,

I also like your name like LittleTiger, anenomes were my favourite when I was small.

I resonate a lot with what you have posted so far. It's great to have such supporting people in your life and you have created real safety for yourself. But I hear what you're saying about not wanting to have to explain yourself to others so much. I'm new too but I think there will be a lot of healing in speaking to people who truly get it.

It sounds like you have come a long way from where you were when your therapy began. It sounds like you have a lot to be proud of.

plantsandtigers