Hello, and very much hoping to talk to someone

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Pine

Hello, and very much hoping to talk to someone

Post by Pine »

Hi All :)

I only just discovered this forum. Hoped to introduce myself nice and casual, but these past days I felt culminating confusion like never before and - may just jump into the urgent stuff please?

I am not sure what happened to me and it is making me lose my mind. Absolute excruciating confusion. Everything points to these events happening and yet I cannot comprehend it as a possibility, and keep blocking it out. I have never been this confused, and lost, in my life.

The 'everything' I refer to includes almost 100% of the symptoms of this type of abuse described in literature (including diagnoses, hospitalisations, mental and physical health symptoms, family situation, behaviours and feedback from people - straight facts that even I couldn't argue with) and the worst, and reason why I am spiralling, is that I keep getting flashbacks.

I have been steadily getting healthier and stronger over the past years since leaving my family home, and currently am at my strongest and healthiest since childhood. I have done plenty plenty of healing (including therapy and medication but most importantly my own journey). These 'memories' started coming up during my healing journey, maybe a year or two years back, but they were so unbelievable and far between I just shelved them as 'I'll probably never know for sure, nevermind.' But now they keep coming constantly, a new one almost every week - I have the visual, I hear what was said, I feel what was felt, the memories are as clear as a day just like other memories. I also get memories of how I felt about the events as a child, not only when they were happening (this is the most I was getting for a long time - just a hint to something but never the actual memory). I call them memories - but are they?? And if not, what are they, am I just fantasising, and why?

They leave me feel confused, very disgusted, very out of it, and I don't know where to place them. I feel so much pressure in my head like it's being torn in half between two opposing extremes of 'of course it happened' and 'it could've happened'. There is no doubt I have been abused as a child but I never thought it could be this kind. I am sitting here in an office and cannot focus on work because I keep coming back to the latest memory (that came yesterday), and I feel so disturbed, horribly disturbed and disgusted and lost. I am not the person to reach out, almost never, very independent, but I am losing my mind and this is too much for me to handle.

I have a phone number for counselling and will contact them when I get home. I can never speak about this with anyone I know. I have amazing close friendships where we talk about everything, but this feels like it's a parallel world that doesn't fit into my life. This whole suspicion cannot fit into who I am, I don't know how to live with it if it's true.

End of my ramble - this is the very first time I ever mentioned this to another soul. First time I ever put it into words (except my diary). I feel like I can only say this to strangers. Sorry I didn't read through the forums yet as I only just found this site couple of days ago, everything has been so quick recently and I am being a bit selfish about getting this off my chest.

Overwhelmingly grateful for this community, I really don't know where else to turn. Even just being able to post and not having this in my head only is little bit of relief.

Love,
Pine
Crow

Re: Hello, and very much hoping to talk to someone

Post by Crow »

Hi Pine,

Welcome to isurvive.
Just a quick point though...
Pine wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:03 pm everything has been so quick recently and I am being a bit selfish about getting this off my chest.
You have needs and that is okay... nothing selfish about that whatsoever. :)
Good job on your first post.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi pine,

Let me add my hello and welcome. First of all I believe you. It makes sense to me. This is not about you as much as it is about the person who abused you. That means it isn't who you are as a person.

Good luck and comfort for healing this harm,

Harmony
Pine

Post by Pine »

Harmony wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:58 pmGood luck and comfort for healing this harm,

Thank you Harmony :)
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened quote, as per guidelines, and changed MT to NT as no triggering content
Pine

Post by Pine »

Crow wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:24 pm Good job on your first post.
Thank you for saying that :)
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened quote, as per guidelines, and changed MT to NT as no triggering content
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Pine

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Pine, welcome. So sorry for the confusion and pain that brings you here. Sometimes accepting birds is my story is incredibly difficult. When pieces come back and i think, there is no way, but feel it so deeply. I know its truth. Accepting the truth is hard, but often healing in tremendous ways.

Coconuts
Be the Light ๐ŸŒŸ in someone's night.
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

Pine,
Welcome. Your story so closely mimics mine that I could have written your post word for word at the beginning of my journey. Literally, every word of it. The confusion still hits me even after I think I know too much now to be confused. It has been so helpful for me to feel validated in my thoughts by posting on here. This is an incredibly supportive group and I am glad you found us.
~ Genesis ๐Ÿ’”
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Pine,

I wanted to stop by and welcome you even though I am incredibly late. I am so sorry you have reason to join us, but happy to know you feel you can find support here. It's great to hear you've done a lot of healing already. You're taking an even bigger step by putting your words out here and sharing with us. I know it can be confusing to think you know everything about your past only to have new memories and realizations come out of nowhere. To me it feels so unreal and unbelievable at times. Know that you are not alone. You are heard, believed, and supported here. I hope you were able to make contact with someone who can help you walk through this new part of your journey. Healing is never easy, but you're well on your way. Hoping you've been well since your last reply here and wishing you better days & lots of healing.

-gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Pine

Hope to see you around again soon ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org