I miss my siblings..

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Crow

I miss my siblings..

Post by Crow »

I'm feeling a bit emotional this past week. I miss my siblings.

My twin brother lives a two minute drive away from me, and my younger sister lives hundreds of miles away at the opposite end of the country.
They both have depression and anxiety like me...

I've mentioned before that my brother endured the same abuse that I did growing up, and I always thought my sister didn't (except for witnessing the abuse my brother and I suffered), but records show she suffered too...

My brother is stuck in an emotionally and sometimes physically abusive home with at the hands of his wife. He stays for the kids and because he still loves his wife. He's had it hard, but it has changed him... childhood has changed him too but he hasn't acknowledged it. He has become a benefit cheat and he told me recently that he shoplifts too. I don't know what to do with all that...
He doesn't call me or text me unless he wants to boast about a new purchase or is in trouble. I text him but I don't hear anything.
I miss my twin so much.
He came round and helped with a few maintenance issues at home the other day because I was in an anxious state and our letting agents aren't helping. He was so helpful he fixed things. I miss him so much. Like I mean I miss our old relationship... I miss him in general.

My sister... she's always been quiet. As kids and teenagers my brother and I were inseparable and excluded her a lot. She has low self esteem and is also stuck in an abusive manipulative relationship with a guy who treats her badly. No one can tell her though... she shuts down. I feel for their kids from what I hear from what my mum says about her partner and their home life.
She also doesn't call me. I have to call or text her always. Been the same for years. I miss my sister so much. I video called my mum today and got to see my sister for the first time in two years (her partner over the years has moved her from our town to the next, and then to the next, and then to the opposite end of the country). I miss her so much...

:cry:

I just want to sit and talk with my twin and my sister and have a normal relationship. I want them to be happy. I want to be happy. I also want to talk about our childhoods...

Feeling emotional today...

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I miss my siblings..

Post by Harmony »

Hi Crow,

I want you to know that someone has read your words and hears you. It is so difficult with siblings sometimes. We joke in my family that we grew up in different homes. It is merely the time age personality and in our case sex differences. It is possible to have a totally different experience under the same roof.

Harmony
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi Harmony,

That is kind of you, thank you.

I actually re-read this post yesterday afternoon... I just don't know what to do. I feel so helpless. Sure, I could meet up with my brother as he doesn't work and I am out of work currently also, but with current restrictions in the UK I can only meet him outside alone. And I wouldn't arrange to meet up both families 'coincidentally' outside somewhere because that's not honest and I can't break the law or my own conscience. So that is tricky. But even then, my brother can't so anything without his wife's say so, and even when we have gone out just the two of us in the past, she constantly texts and calls him, and he then has to cut our day or evening short and go home.

As for my sister... you'd think technology would make that easier with the distance, but she is controlled by her partner too...

I'm repeating myself here... sorry.

Crow
Crow

Post by Crow »

I'm so happy right now... :D
This morning I spent a few hours sat at my table working on my laptop on a few things, listening to a really good album quite loud for a change (Chaos A.D. by Sepultura - thanks for asking ;) :lol: ), and there was a knock at the door... I said to my wife that I didn't think we were expecting a delivery or anything, and so I went and answered the door. My twin brother was standing there with his fifteen week old black labrador puppy! He never just pops round... (My excitement wasn't about the puppy before you ask - I'm not a dog person.)
We spent half an hour or so standing outside my house talking, having a catch up and playing with the dog. (Okay, he played with the dog.)

It wa so nice to see him. It was so nice that he popped round to see me. Okay... Here's the thing I'm trying not to focus on - he popped round primarily to show my kids (who were out playing in a playground a few roads away) the puppy. That aside, it was great to see him.
And what is cool about being a twin is that we talked about something we hadn't talked about before or shared opinions on, and he had the same views, and started telling me some specific stuff that I hadn't mentioned before... we both have the same specific views and arguments about certain things in the world.

I also told him about the forum... he didn't ask about it or what web address, he isn't open to talking about our past, but I did ask him not to mention it to our parents. I also have been itching to tell family about something that has made me quite happy lately, but it isn't something I want my parents to know about, and I told him about it. Sadly though, he wasn't that interested.
But all in all I'm quite happy right now! :D

Just wanted to share that. :)

Crow
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Oh that’s so sweet crow. I’m so glad you have a twin that you shared and experienced so much with. I’ve always wanted that. I think it’s great he came to see you! He must think about you as much as you think about him. I do wish he was more in tune with the abuse and what happened to you both. Being in denial about something like that is a scary thing. He is so blessed to have you! And at least he knows that when he is ready, he can come to you and talk about anything. Wishing you and your family a happy Easter!
Chessgirl
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi Chessgirl,

Thanks for commenting. And thanks for the chat earlier... glad you managed to access the chat room and chat to a few of us. :)

Crow
Crow

Post by Crow »

I sent my brother a text earlier just to tell him I loved that he came over, and love how similar we still are despite how little we see of each other... and that I miss him.
He text me back... "you soppy tw*t!" :lol:
That's my brother... ;)
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Lol nice
Chessgirl
Crow

Post by Crow »

We used to be the same in that respect... but I changed and toned down my language when I started a family. Then several years ago I made a point of making better choices of words and phrasing, and it's made me a better person for it too. (That's just my opinion though.)

My comment...
Crow wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:17 pm That's my brother... ;)
Reminds me of the old days when we played in a local 8 ball pool team in the local pub league in our town, and I'd put in a good performance and smash the frame I played, and he'd jump up and point at me, beer in hand, yelling "that's my brother!"
Such pride in each other...

Good days... :D