What the .........! Really?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

AcceptanceAT

Re: What the .........! Really?

Post by AcceptanceAT »

Harmony,

Love, love, love your input.

Skippy: you should definitely write more often. I adored what you wrote, I actually saved a couple pieces to read again.

I agree with you all. You don´t need diagnosis to get the treatment and healing you need and deserve. The first and purest behaviorists did not agree with diagnosis either, they said they didn´t matter at all, because they did nothing to change things. The only thing that mattered were the changes we wanted to make in ourselves.

Love and strength yall

AcceptanceAT
Acceptance AT
Per Aspera Ad Astra [*][*]
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks AcceptanceAT

I was worried we might have been a little over the top with that last post. I appreciate the moral support. Skippy gets a little flamboyant when he gets the floor to speak. He has one throttle setting (full afterburner) and no rudder. But, he’s kinda fun to have around.

I truly believe idea of walking our own path is number one when we finally get through all the crap we had to deal with as kids. No matter what your spiritual concept might be, we were given this one body to live in while on this journey. We all had to fight our way through childhood, but now as adults, it is ours to take care of. That’s both physically and mentally. We get to choose the path we take. The options for us are clear. We can still let the chaos of childhood rule us or we can choose to break free of it and pursue the life we deserve. Someone else telling us what or how to do it is not a choice. It is, hopefully, good guidance to help us, but once again it is our choice to follow the path we want. Anything else is just fluff. I know where I want to be and I know what I expect from it. I will keep moving forward until I achieve that goal. I also expect to be able to look back at my past and view all that early chaos as not something that destroyed me, but, well, let’s just say an extremely volatile learning experience. It will not rule me. It will just be a distant memory.

Eagle
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

I love your words about walking our own path, Eagle. :) It's a beautiful way to put it, and that it's our choice and we can do it no matter our early or previous experiences.

Cheering you on with your journey, to the place that you wish to be. Although I think you're already a little bit there, too. ;) Celebrating with you. :)
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Dancingfish

Your words mean a lot to me. Your wonderful feedback gives me more strength to keep charging. There is a terrible expression that goes something like “the higher we climb, the farther we fall”. But, if we never try, what’s the point of being here. If we fall, we have to get up again. I believe I was about 12-13 when I got to that point where I was considering putting an end to it all. Life sucked pretty bad back then. Two things stopped me. The hurt I would inflict on those I loved and the thought that I could never try again. I will never forget that moment. It reminds me that when life sucks; stop, reflect, and get your behind up and try again. Failure is not an option because that means it’s all over. I will never let down those who depend on me and I won’t give up on myself. Besides, I’m only 70. I’ve got at least 80 more years to work on it. :lol: :lol: Guinness book of records here I come!

I’m hoping to start another thread here soon. I think my T and I are getting close to a meeting of the minds on what I’m actually dealing with and what to call it. I think the CPTSD and other things they would like to tag me with are all just symptoms of the real issue. We are getting close to giving it a proper name. Then we can really go to work on it. More to follow.

Oh, and for those who are wondering, they won’t allow me to be DID, OSDD, split or any other similar form. They can’t seem to fit me in their little boxes correctly. Haha! Oh, if they only knew. So, Let’s just say I use Skippy to say things that I’m not sure will be completely appropriate. Or, if I do something extraordinary, I’ll give the credit to Skippy. Those fears of not being that good or worried about hurting people things. That keeps people laughing and guessing which makes me smile.

Eagle