Just an intro

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Ryles

Just an intro

Post by Ryles »

Hi I’m Ryles,

I am here because I need support. I grew up in an abusive house physically and emotionally and possibly sexually (I get flashbacks on that)

I got married very young to an abuser who controlled me for the past 13 years from who I talked to, my money, I mean everything was controlled.

I have young children. We have been apart a month. Filed for divorce. He’s still abusive and he’s been threatening my life. He says it makes him angry that I breathe.

I feel very alone. I have one person but I am a burden to her most of the time. I guess my hope with this group is that I can be ok even if it’s for a little while.
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Deborah

Re: Just an intro

Post by Deborah »

I am new here also. You are doing the right thing. I can't tell you what to do, but it might help to report him to the police and also get a protection order if available where you live.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Hi Ryles and Deborah! Welcome! I’m sorry for the circumstances, but you have come to the right place. Ryles I have been through many abusive relationships myself. I know how scary it is when they start threatening you and harassing you. Keep a journal of all the threats and events in case you need to refer to them for a restraining order or something. I hope you find peace and support here.
Chessgirl
Chessgirl
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome,
So sorry for all that you are going through. Its scary and hard to see past. I hope you can find ways to feel and be safe.

Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I meant to say also that I am so sorry for what you've been through and are going through.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Welcome Ryles. You'll find plenty of support here :)

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Ryles

Sending you a warm welcome to isurvive - glad you found us
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Ryles

Post by Ryles »

Thank you Jonesy. The national DV hotline sent me. They said they can only help if its an emergency not for support in general so they suggested I try here. So I guess you are very well known.
quixote

Post by quixote »

Ryles,
Please keep us posted about your situation.
quixote
Ryles

Post by Ryles »

Ok I will. I mean right now it’s just hard. This week he decided he would take the kids individually. I drove to meet him tonight. He was 30 mins late. My child freaked out and refused to go. He got mad. He flipped out at me and then he flipped out on her and told her she’s not allowed to come anymore because she’s wasting his time. Let’s just put this into prospective, she is 4. So yeah let’s threaten and yell at her for being scared. I’m the biggest idiot in the world. I didn’t record it. I usually do but I forgot so now I’m kicking myself.
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included